Hacking A few questions about .NSP

Zerel

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So i've just installed ReiNX on my switch 5.1.0, i've read a bunch of posts talking about tinfoil, devmenu and some .nsp files

First of all, i've done a backup with hekate before doing anything to the switch. i'm on airplane mode and i've delete my internet config on my switch. So my questions are:

1) If i install some .nsp games with tinfoil, play them (offline with a local user made just for ReiNX), and then boot on OFW and play online with my legit games (With my main user), i can do it without a (higher) risk of ban?

2) Just installing .nsp can get you banned? even if i play it and then delete it before playing on OFW? (i know that "if you do everything bad you're getting risk of ban"), but i want to know more about that

3) If i restore nand, what i need to restore? GPP partitions or the big file (32gb) of RAW nand?

4) i want to use Homebrew appstore, can i use my internet connection for this without getting banned? i'm not connecting to eshop or online tho

5) I want to buy games and play online, so i can get online or get into eshop on ofw mode with my main user after playing like question 1? or i need to restore nand before doing anything like this?

6) How can i clean logs? i've read about it but i don't have any clue about this. is SX OS exclusive? or i can do it with Hekate or ReiNX?

thanks for your patience

Kubas_inko

"Something funny goes here."
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
1. Once you go online, there is always the risk of ban. Just use different user/account for playing installed .nsps.
2. Yes, because of logs. But restoring your backup should remove those traces, but that's a lot of work.
3. You need boot0, boot1 and raw GPP. It is 32Gb (29.8). But if your SD is smaller, you can backup it in pieces.
4. You should use DNS to block any access to ninty servers. Even if you are not using their services, they are always watching :evil:.
5. Answer 1 and 2.
6. Nx-dreport (or something like that), but it can get you banned.

Zerel

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
1. Once you go online, there is always the risk of ban. Just use different user/account for playing installed .nsps.
2. Yes, because of logs. But restoring your backup should remove those traces, but that's a lot of work.
3. You need boot0, boot1 and raw GPP. It is 32Gb (29.8). But if your SD is smaller, you can backup it in pieces.
4. You should use DNS to block any access to ninty servers. Even if you are not using their services, they are always watching :evil:.
5. Answer 1 and 2.
6. Nx-dreport (or something like that), but it can get you banned.

So...
2) just installing it means that i have risk of getting banned, even if i've played it with another user/account doesn't it? the logs are sended to nintendon't even if i don't connect to eshop/online?
6) i've seen that Hekate has an option called stock ofw+clean logs. it does the same thing like NX-dreport isn't it?

i don't have the intention of playing .nsp games online, i'll just play legit games that i buy on my main account

Kubas_inko

Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
So...
2) just installing it means that i have risk of getting banned, even if i've played it with another user/account doesn't it? the logs are sended to nintendon't even if i don't connect to eshop/online?
6) i've seen that Hekate has an option called stock ofw+clean logs. it does the same thing like NX-dreport isn't it?

i don't have the intention of playing .nsp games online, i'll just play legit games that i buy on my main account
2. Once you installed them, they are logged, no matter if you played them or not
5. Probably it is the same.

Zerel

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
2. Once you installed them, they are logged, no matter if you played them or not
5. Probably it is the same.

Last question: my idea is to buy a second switch so i have one legit and one with cfw

The games i've purchase on eshop are account based or console based like 3DS? i mean, if i quit my main account from the cfw switch, and put it on the legit switch, i can go into the eshop and reinstall all the games i've purchased?

Kubas_inko

Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
Last question: my idea is to buy a second switch so i have one legit and one with cfw

The games i've purchase on eshop are account based or console based like 3DS? i mean, if i quit my main account from the cfw switch, and put it on the legit switch, i can go into the eshop and reinstall all the games i've purchased?
Games are tight to your account.

DaniPoo

Trophies
XP
Country
However does these logs differentiate between a physical game or a downloaded game?
Because a physical game is not bound to your account, you can borrow it to your friend and your friend will not get banned.

So if the log just say that you playes Mario and does not mention if it was eshop version or physical version, then you should be safe.

However I believe they have more sofisticated logs when you are playing online. I just don't know if the activety logs are that detailed.

Zerel

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
However does these logs differentiate between a physical game or a downloaded game?
Because a physical game is not bound to your account, you can borrow it to your friend and your friend will not get banned.

So if the log just say that you playes Mario and does not mention if it was eshop version or physical version, then you should be safe.

However I believe they have more sofisticated logs when you are playing online. I just don't know if the activety logs are that detailed.

Technically, .nsp is like an eshop game, so nintendo just claims your console ID.

Cartridges has an unique cert, when nintendo tries to get the info of your cart, he asked your switch for that cert. when is an eshop game, nintendo asked your console id, that's why playing .nsp games online is a 100% ban. seems like nintendo get your console id just playing a .nsp game, cartridge or not. (.XCI don't because XCI emulates a cartridge and it doesn't install anything, same as LayeredFS afaik)

BaamAlex

UDE GA NARU ZE!
Trophies
Website
hmpg.net
XP
Country
Germany
Just use different user/account for playing installed .nsps.

I know this thread here is a little bit oder....but, do i understand that correctly that nintendo banned the account of the console and not the console itself? As an example ... my brother plays with a real cartridge Mario Kart 8 Deluxe online, and I with my account NSP games ... then only my account is banned or all accounts on the console?

Kubas_inko

Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
I know this thread here is a little bit oder....but, do i understand that correctly that nintendo banned the account of the console and not the console itself? As an example ... my brother plays with a real cartridge Mario Kart 8 Deluxe online, and I with my account NSP games ... then only my account is banned or all accounts on the console?
Ninty usually doesn't ban accounts, so don't worry. Either you will get CDN ban on the console or nothing.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: this one +1