Hacking Question A few questions about CFW on the Switch

nutsack

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm undecided whether I want to put CFW on my Switch or keep it stock. Since I have read Nintendo might ban you for clearing your logs, I view putting CFW on my system as something that if I do once, I will do it for good, since putting it once is going to effectively tag my console with a scarlet letter either through my logs or through clearing them. I just want to use CFW to play pirated roms offline. I have no desire to ever take the system online. I don't care about emulation since have a gaming PC and various other emulation boxes that do an amazing job, and I mostly care about using my Switch docked (I play it about 95/5 docked vs handheld). My Switch is hackable according to the stickied thread listing hackable serial numbers.

1. When I update firmware will that break my game installs?
2. Or is there a way to do it without having to reinstall all my games?
3. What about when I update Reinx? Eg questions 1 & 2 for updating Reinx.
4. The firmware version is also what triggers nags for installing updates, correct?
5. I have heard Reinx was crashing after the 32nd launch of a game between hard reboots. Is that still happening?
6. If so, leaving the game running and going to sleep mode doesn't count towards that limit, correct?
7. AutoRCM seems like a huge pain. If I don't use it that alleviate the problems with charging and sleep mode I have read about? I don't care the slightest about preserving fuses to allow firmware downgrades, assuming Nintendo can't patch this bug since it's in hardware.
8. Is Tinfoil over USB (so that I can use a FAT32 memory card) a reliable way to install games? Or would it be better formatting my memory card to exFAT and just install .nsp files using Tinfoil from the Switch itself?
9. Is upgrading memory cards as simple as copying everything from the first memory card into the new one?
10. How do you upgrade your joycons firmware from a CFW system?
11. Since the exploit is triggered via a hardware bug, Nintendo cannot stop it from any firmware upgrade, correct?
12. Is FAT32 still fine with a large microSD (say 200GB to 500GB), assuming I format using guiformat to go past the 32 GB limit Windows imposes when formatting FAT32?
13. Any problems keeping the system turned off for a long time? I only play one game at a time so likely wouldn't leave it on (eg not in sleep mode but actually turned off) when I'm currently playing a game on say PC, PS4, PS3, etc.
14. Are there any other problems / annoyances / things I should know before exploiting my Switch?

Last edited by nutsack,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up