A few dumb CFW Questions

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by sks316, Jan 11, 2017.

1. ItsKipz

ItsKipz l33t hax0r

Sep 9, 2016
    United States
    The C: drive
    Just remember to follow all the steps, dont skip ANY steps no matter how redundant they seem, and you'll be fine! Remember, you have a whole thread you can ask questions and get help in!

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Also, are you on o3ds, n3ds, or 2ds?

2. sks316
    OP

sks316 Professional Shitposter (also I help sometimes)

Nov 28, 2013
    United States
    Windows XP background
    Old3DS, and I will get a better SD Card and follow that guide. Although I fail with written guides a lot :(

3. ItsKipz

ItsKipz l33t hax0r

Sep 9, 2016
    United States
    The C: drive
    Having an old 3ds is the safest system for the guide. 2ds has format brick, n3ds has sleep brick, but o3ds has no risk* as long as you follow the guide word for word!

(*i mean you're messing with NAND so there's always a risk but its < 1%)

4. Lilith Valentine

Lilith Valentine GBATemp's Succubus™ The Adorable Enby

Sep 13, 2009
    Antarctica
    Hiding from Area 51 guards
    Just follow the guide, it's been written to be extremely noob friendly. Seriously, we aren't trying to bully you. If you are having a hard time affording a 10$ SD card, then it's safe to assume that you can't afford to replace your 3DS. We get at minimal 3 threads everyday about youtube videos causing bricks. This isn't an exaggeration, this is something that is happening on the Temp.
    We are trying to prevent you from being another one of those threads.

5. HyperT

HyperT GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 4, 2016
    Its a a9lh technical guide, meaning it details every needed button press and essentially covers every eventuality.

[I guess technically a full technical guide would detail every keypress and every option of every piece of software being used]

Technical guides are written from the stance that you need to be able to take someone of the street with 0% knowledge sit them in front of something/software and hand them a manual/guide with confidence that they can operate/utilise the thing/software correctly. Only the 3ds.guide would satisfy that definition.

6. sks316
    OP

sks316 Professional Shitposter (also I help sometimes)

Nov 28, 2013
    United States
    Windows XP background
    Ok. I never said that you were bullying me. I said I will get a better SD Card and follow https://3ds.guide/.

Bmsortiz and ItsKipz like this.
  7. nechigawara

nechigawara Citizen of Gamindustri

Oct 14, 2006
    Thailand
    Planeptune
    Just another warning, I saw a lot of people following youtube guide, got themselves a problem, come crying, here asking for help.
    Some problems can be fix easily, some needs hardmod, and some get a $99 paperweight instead.
    So, just taking your time, reading and try to understand that guide, then following it. You should be safe.

8. Bmsortiz

Bmsortiz Member

Newcomer
    Sep 16, 2016
    United States
    C
    To be honest months ago I had my new 3dsxl on reinand emunand and decided to go through the A9LH setup. What I did was read through the guide, downloaded and organized all needed files before I started doing any steps on my system, and read through the steps again.

Take things slowly and make that NAND backup along the way and you should be able to get A9LH installed within a few hours. Don't rush though it is not a race

nechigawara likes this.
Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted