Hacking A few DSTT questions.

iczfire

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey there, I had a few question's I 've had a while for a DSTT so I decided to dedicate a thread to it.

1.Will my DSTT SAVs work if I transfer them to another slot1 flashkard?
2.Is there a way I can pull up a txt file during a game?
3.In the world ends with you, it says a SAV data is corrupted. it then proceeds to delete it, and then it makes a new save, deletes it again, and the process repeats.
4.In chrono trigger, I get to the part where they teleport, but after the main guy character teleports, it gets stuck in the teleport scene and keeps going, however there is sound and the animation is still there.
5.so, can my dstt run gba games? I have a second slot supercard rumble lite, can I just put gba games on that and use the dstt as a passme?
6.is the ds browser compatible with the dstt?

thanks.

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
1. depends on the flash cart. there is an online converter that will convert between most save file formats.
2. no.
3. I don't know.
4. I don't know.
5. Yes, but I'm not familiar with the slot2 cart you're using. If GBA ExpLoader supports it, it should work with the DSTT.
6. Yes, but only if you have a supported slot2 cart that can act as extra memory for the browser. I don't know if yours can. You might be able to get it to work with GBA ExpLoader, or you may have to patch the browser itself so that it sees your slot2 as extra memory. That said, browsing the Internet with the DS is a painful experience so if you can't get it to work don't feel too bad.

-Bri

APImagine

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
@Your Chrono Trigger question:

The (U) version of Chrono Trigger hangs at that point in the game. I read up on it and it appears to be an anti-piracy tactic. There's supposed to be a cheat, I THINK, in the database that bypasses this, but if you don't want to do that, you should just download the Japanese version instead. It contains English translations, and does not hang at the teleport screen. That's what I did.

EDIT: Actually, while I'm at it, what DO I need to do to play GBA games through the DSTT? I do not have any sort of peripheral for the GBA slot of my DS, so I'm completely oblivious to the things I would need to do to get that to work.

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You'd need to buy a slot2 GBA expansion cart such as the EZFlash 3-in-1, and you'd either have to use YSMenu or you'd need to run GBA ExpLoader (there is no direct support for GBA in the official menu). Unfortunately, the newest version of the 3-in-1 (the 3-in-1+) doesn't work with GBA ExpLoader. I'm not sure if it works with YSMenu, but I don't think so. So until a new version of GBA ExpLoader or YSMenu come out that support the 3-in-1+, you're out of luck if you get one of those.

You may be able to find an older 3-in-1 which is supported by both GBA ExpLoader and YSMenu.

You can also find the eWin 2-in-1 at some online stores such as zhuzhuchina.com, but they're getting hard to find and I suspect that they don't make them any more.

-Bri

iczfire

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Bri, now that you mention it, I have heard of an online converter...I'll look into it. also, I meant the acekard 2. would that work with dstt savs? thanks for the answers.

@APImagine, did you mean to say that the japanese version has the translations in the game itself or is it a rom patch/hack?

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
iczfire, yes DSTT saves work with the Acekard 2 without converting, but you need to rename them "filename.nds.sav" instead of "filename.sav". The AKAIO menu (a custom menu for the Acekard 2) has an option to let you use "filename.sav" if you want (in which case you wouldn't have to rename them).

-Bri

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    sigh
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @a_username_that_isnt_cool, could you change your username?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i guess not...
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yawn
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    anybody here?
  • P @ PKNate:
    nope
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fun fact: 7 years by lukas graham, supermassive black hole by muse, and megalomania all have the same bpm
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    girls just wanna have fun and renai circulation also share the same tempo as the few i said before
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BakerMan, megalomania the live a live song?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    wait no, megalovania*
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    my bad
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I don't forgive you
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    The nerve of that guy, gosh.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah expecting me to forgive gtfo
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    But how could the Dr have known you didn't want to be circumcized?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He didn't you just wanted your dick to be fondled
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Watching dune 2 it's eh
    Dune one sucked
    The original with Patrick Stewart was Great
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A sexual psycopath that love pain where have I heard that before
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    In your high school diary?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No but your wife let's me read her diary the word psychopath comes up more than sexual
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: No but your wife let's me read her diary the word psychopath comes up more than sexual +1