Hacking A few doubts on R4.

gardaa

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
OK. Here's the thing:

Recently, i've been seeing lots of different "models" of R4DS, them being: R4DS Ultra, R4DS Pro, R4DS SDHC, R4DS Deluxe and derived stuff, which I have already heard are fake, and that's why I'm here. Are they all made by the original R4 Team? If not, which one's the original R4DS? (If possible, with the sku item identification from dealextreme or a link to it, please =) )

Another thing i've also heard recently is that the original (i mean, the first model released) R4 card (which i own) has been discontinued. Is it true?

The reason I'm asking these questions is: a friend of mine is willing to buy a DS, but he doesn't know which flashcard to get. Since I own an old R4 that fits my purposes very well and has never failed me, I've recommended it to him, but now we don't know which one to buy at dealextreme, because of the huge variety of "models" there.

Here are the websites for the different models i've found:

www.r4dspro.com
www.r4dsnew.com
www.r4ultra.com
www.r4ds.cn (the one i've always visited for kernel upgrades)

Thanks in advance.

Law

rip ninjacat that zarcon made me
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
Don't get any of them.

Get an Acekard 2, a DSTT, EDGE, whatever.

Just don't get a goddamn R4 clone, the firmwares don't even get updated anymore.

And yes, the original has been discontinued and none of the ones you listed are made by the original R4 team.

XRacer101

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I've got an answer. Don't buy anything with R4 on it's name. The R4DS sucks now (although it was great in its time)

My suggestion to you is to get a CycloDS Evo or an Acekard.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do not get an R4 or any of its clones. Don't get a DSTT either. CycloDS, EDGE, or Acekard is the way to go.

gardaa

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Thanks to those who answered.
I'm sorry for asking something that many people had already asked before and that had already been answered a million times, but as I was in a bit of a hurry because I had some stuff to do and was waiting for a friend to pick me up, I ended up with crappy search results and skipping the sticky R4DS questions post.

Once again, thank you for the answers. =)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3eGAHfC5P-Y