"A fatal error occurred when running fusee. Failed to mount the SD card."

FirM

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sooooo, my Switch exodus continues... What I thought was one corrupted SD card (and blamed it on ExFAT) became every single SD card having intermittent crashes and corruption issues (even after I converted them over to Fat32). Lots of 2002-2079 and 2002-2039 error codes.

So I sent the Switch in to get a new SD card reader. Just got it back, and now Atmosphere fails to even boot, regardless of which card, and says the message in the title. I actually own two RCMLoader dongles, checked to make sure they both have the most recent fusee from 1.2.5, and they both lead to this result. Oddly enough, if I boot normally into the Switch OS, it'll recognize the games on the cards by not showing the cloud icon.

Soooo, what the hell? Is the card reader messed up still? I removed all the CFW files from one card (so, everything but the Nintendo folder), and used sdsetup.com to set up a new package and added that all to the card, followed by sigpatches, and nope. Same failure message. I'm at a total loss! HALP!

Last edited by FirM,

FirM

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anybody? I'm pulling my hair out here, convinced the system is busted and that I need to start from scratch with a completely new system - if I even want to bother anymore. I forgot to ever use Checkpoint, and now because I can't launch into Atmos, it's all lost. What a waste.

Dust2dust

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

FirM

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the response! Both dongles have the most updated fusee and are properly set up, I re-did them both before I started this thread. I even wiped a card and set it up manually from scratch using the links you gave me, same results.

No matter what, "failed to mount the SD card" is the answer, no matter which card I try. Yet, again, if I boot normally, the games on a given card do show up without a cloud download icon, and if I go into storage settings, the SD card is visible.

FirM

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Could this possibly have something to do with the SD card slot being replaced? It's a Nintendo OEM part. I wasn't getting this exact issue beforehand, only since then.

Endpara589

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Could this possibly have something to do with the SD card slot being replaced? It's a Nintendo OEM part. I wasn't getting this exact issue beforehand, only since then.
Hi, did you manage to get this issue fixed ? I have the same problem and I can’t find a solution. I also recently got my sd card slot replaced because some pins were missing.

Blinx73

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anybody? I'm pulling my hair out here, convinced the system is busted and that I need to start from scratch with a completely new system - if I even want to bother anymore. I forgot to ever use Checkpoint, and now because I can't launch into Atmos, it's all lost. What a waste.
Found it. Figured it out had the same problem

Blinx73

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Found it. I had the same problem figured it out

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: *yawn*