Gaming A chip in my Xbox360?

MystikEkoez

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Unchi-san said:
lol dude. YOU don't know what you are talking about. Falcon/Jasper/Zephyr are NOT DVD drives. please do some research before hand.

In fact, I would actually LOVE to have an older DVD drive because then I can flash them (ben-q drives, etc.). The newer xbox 360's have lite-on DVD DRIVES (I think you are getting this mixed up with the chipsets) so i wouldn't want that!

The only concern I have is that it has an older CHIPSET (NOT DVD drive) Zephyr, which causes more RRoD and overheating problems. However I can inspect the system to tell if it has a falcon inside it by looking at the power supply and the flashlight test, so if I do not have a falcon CHIPSET (NOT DVD drive), then I will sell it on craigslist for 300$ brand new (which will easily be sold) and I will get my money back.
Capeeshhhh?

So silly.
?
I know that Falcon, Jasper, and Zephyrs are motherboard models. Obviously most if not all 360's out on the market in retail right now have a Falcon mobo. I realize that you specifically stated that the Elite listed on Dell.com contains a Zephyr motherboard. All I'm saying that OLDER 360 models contain OLDER DVD drives. I think YOU'RE getting things mixed up. Yes, we all know Microsoft is trying to resolve overheating and the Red Ring of Death by making more efficient processors and what not. But, if you flash the DVD drive and play INFINITE amount of games until it RROD's (which is highly unlikely), I'd rather have the older motherboard. You have a ONE year warranty of repairs for any reason. Then once it RROD's, you send it in, get a practically new (probably refurbished) Xbox 360 ELITE which might even include a newer motherboard with the satisfaction of playing all those games you downloaded.

So silly.

Unchi-san

Unchi on a stick! yay~
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
MystikEkoez said:
Unchi-san said:
lol dude. YOU don't know what you are talking about. Falcon/Jasper/Zephyr are NOT DVD drives. please do some research before hand.

In fact, I would actually LOVE to have an older DVD drive because then I can flash them (ben-q drives, etc.). The newer xbox 360's have lite-on DVD DRIVES (I think you are getting this mixed up with the chipsets) so i wouldn't want that!

The only concern I have is that it has an older CHIPSET (NOT DVD drive) Zephyr, which causes more RRoD and overheating problems. However I can inspect the system to tell if it has a falcon inside it by looking at the power supply and the flashlight test, so if I do not have a falcon CHIPSET (NOT DVD drive), then I will sell it on craigslist for 300$ brand new (which will easily be sold) and I will get my money back.
Capeeshhhh?

So silly.
?
I know that Falcon, Jasper, and Zephyrs are motherboard models. Obviously most if not all 360's out on the market in retail right now have a Falcon mobo. I realize that you specifically stated that the Elite listed on Dell.com contains a Zephyr motherboard. All I'm saying that OLDER 360 models contain OLDER DVD drives. I think YOU'RE getting things mixed up. Yes, we all know Microsoft is trying to resolve overheating and the Red Ring of Death by making more efficient processors and what not. But, if you flash the DVD drive and play INFINITE amount of games until it RROD's (which is highly unlikely), I'd rather have the older motherboard. You have a ONE year warranty of repairs for any reason. Then once it RROD's, you send it in, get a practically new (probably refurbished) Xbox 360 ELITE which might even include a newer motherboard with the satisfaction of playing all those games you downloaded.

So silly.

first, I never said the elite listed on dell.com contains a Zephyr motherboard. it was only speculation. how the hell would i know the dell elite's have a certain motherboard??
secondly, there are falcon mobos w/ ben-q drives. this is what i am hoping to get. I am actually very hopeful this is the case because looking online at 360drives.com, the dell xbox elites that have shipped out within the past half year have been the falcon mobo w/ ben-q or older dvd drive.
third, it is a FACT that the older motherboard (in this case the Zephyr) had RRoD failure rates of up to 30%! While the falcon has been reported to lower that number to 10-14%. Would you STILL want an older mobo now knowing that the RRoD failure rate is triple for the older motherboard (to which you would rather have) in comparison to their newer falcon mobo?
fourth, there have been PLENTY of reported cases that people have sent in their xbox 360 NUMEROUS (upwards of 5 times) due to the RRoD. So it is highly likely that once you get the RRoD, it will happen again. Now we wouldn't want that would we?

honestly i don't even know why you said "Dude, think about it, the older the better chance it has an older DVD drive. So Silly" after my post before that did not mention ANYTHING about an older DVD drive. All I mentioned was that I got in on the deal and that i hope it has a falcon chipset.

you must have been having a bad day or something... so lets just stop this ok? =P

Unchi-san

Unchi on a stick! yay~
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
MystikEkoez said:
Unchi-san said:

Capeeshhhh?

So silly.
?

So silly.

oh and also it has been reported by numerous people that once they sent their flashed XBOX 360 w/ RRoD error to M$, they sent it back with the lite-on dvd drive (hence making it impossible to play backups). So your ending statement is wrong as well, as I would not be able to play ANY games downloaded.

In addition, you actually have three years of warranty for a RRoD. Or maybe you knew that but omitted it accidentally in your post when you referred to sending in an xbox 360 RRoD console to M$ and it being covered under a ONE year warranty.

edit: ok sorry lets stop!

MystikEkoez

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dude, chilllllllll.
Okay, you MUST have some games you've bought, and beat right? AND YOU NEVER PLAY THEM EVER AGAIN. That's ALL I'M SAYING. Jesus christ. They wouldn't POSSIBLY send you an older unit which would RROD AGAIN if you send them a RROD unit. If it's THREE years of warrenty, even better, I can play downloaded games even longer till it RROD's, send it in, and get a practically new (if not new) one for ABSOLUTELY FREE with the satisfaction of playing a massive library of 360 games. I'm not arguing the point of which motherboard is best, I'm arguging the fact that you can play games for ABSOLUTELY FREE for a PRETTY LONG PERIOD OF TIME UNTIL IT RRODs. And that's what, THREE YEARS? THREE YEARS. DO YOU KNOW HOW LONG THREE YEARS IS? By then, you will probably have a job, and you can BUY YOUR GAMES LIKE EVERYBODY ELSE for your Valhalla Xbox 360.

Unchi-san

Unchi on a stick! yay~
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
MystikEkoez said:
Dude, chilllllllll.
Okay, you MUST have some games you've bought, and beat right? AND YOU NEVER PLAY THEM EVER AGAIN. That's ALL I'M SAYING. Jesus christ. They wouldn't POSSIBLY send you an older unit which would RROD AGAIN if you send them a RROD unit. If it's THREE years of warrenty, even better, I can play downloaded games even longer till it RROD's, send it in, and get a practically new (if not new) one for ABSOLUTELY FREE with the satisfaction of playing a massive library of 360 games. I'm not arguing the point of which motherboard is best, I'm arguging the fact that you can play games for ABSOLUTELY FREE for a PRETTY LONG PERIOD OF TIME UNTIL IT RRODs. And that's what, THREE YEARS? THREE YEARS. DO YOU KNOW HOW LONG THREE YEARS IS? By then, you will probably have a job, and you can BUY YOUR GAMES LIKE EVERYBODY ELSE for your Valhalla Xbox 360.

it seems like you are the one that is getting all antsy about this. seems like you didn't get in on the dell xbox 360 elite deal and you are just bitter? =P

your quote #1: " All I'm saying that OLDER 360 models contain OLDER DVD drives."
your quote #2: "Okay, you MUST have some games you've bought, and beat right? AND YOU NEVER PLAY THEM EVER AGAIN. That's ALL I'M SAYING."
future predicted quote #3" All i'm saying is that "please insert something not related to previous two quotes"!!!"

Oh and the part where you say to "Buy my own games like everyone else".... haha.... this is gbatemp you know? =P

even though your posts are obviously not accurate and sometimes purely wrong, I am going to stop from posting as this is getting a little out of hand.

i'm done. not looking at this topic again as i'm arguing with a emo looking 10 year old.

MystikEkoez

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What? What was that? I thought you were done like 10 posts ago. So long as I have the last word, I really don't care whether or not you ever look at this topic again. Yeah, I didn't get in on the deal, but I'm happy giving money back to the gaming companies that work to produce quality games that are for the people to enjoy. Yes, this is GBAtemp. Not Xbox360temp. So if you wanna talk about how you're so cool pirating games, then do so elsewhere. No one gives a damn. Cause you know, in the real world, you can't just pirate and steal everything. In this final post, I will address how stupid you really are.

You say I look like a 10 year old? And what do you look like? A 5 year old? Actually, no, you must be a 5 year old considering the quality of your posts. You don't need to try hard to look like a dumbass. First, why were you looking at my profile? And then you have to bring my appearance into it? How mature. The fact that I have a picture on my profile versus someone who doesn't says a lot about yourself. You're afraid. Afraid of the outside world? Still haven't left mommy's home? Yeah, I figured. Or maybe you don't know how to upload a picture? I mean, you did manage to upload a avatar and not specify the dimensions. You don't have to be a rocket scientist to tell that your avatar is being scaled out of proportion to 100x140.

All older 360 models contain older DVD drives? Yeah, that's true, no matter how you look at it. Maybe I was simply stating that the relative age of both the drive and the 360 itself are both old. In my case, I'm saying that older 360 models with more inefficient motherboards include DVD drives such as the BenQ. Even you yourself should know this, I believe? I mean, you've done your research, right? Since you know, I barely have the mental capacity to use a computer, much less an Xbox 360, mod it, and burn my own DVD-DLs in order to play the actual game.

Right, don't post, cause you need go back to school, cause this 10 year old is smarter than you'll ever be. And in case your brain could process this entire post without fabricating your own contradictions and inaccuracies, I'll be a junior in high school starting next Monday. I have a car and a girlfriend, and that's more than you've ever accomplished at my age, not even thinking about what you could've possibly accomplished in your entire life. I have to work for everything I have, all the games I enjoy, all my car payments, gas, and insurance since my parents won't pay for jackshit of it. So yeah, I'm a 10 year old. Whatever dude. You have no idea what it seems like to live in the real world.

Get a job and stop monitoring GBAtemp 24/7 so you can argue with 10 year olds you douche. I've lost about all respect I have for people like you. 40 year old dudes, living in their parent's basements, begging them for an Xbox 360 because you can't do shit on your own. Go get laid you dork.

Edgedancer

Director of Moon based operations
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Wow. Calm down both of you. MystikEkoez, if you need to have the last word, you are just as immature as you claim unchi-san to be. Honestly, stop the fighting and just get on with answering the guys question.

Note to Selxis, if you have all the information you need, please lock the thread to stop this fight.

MystikEkoez

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alrighty, then to clarify for the OP, all you have to do is download the iXtreme 1.4 firmware, flash your DVD drive with it, and you should be able to play games without a modchip.

Cheers.
Can an Admin/Mod please lock this thread?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Look at you holding tiny things