Gaming A Boy And His Blob

doped505069

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Just Wondering Has Any1 played this yet and what they thought of it ? personally i still reckon the old one is better. any thoughts ?

udo4ever

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
This is perhaps the only game I am playing right now. I think this game is top-notch in each and every respect. The puzzles are ingenious, the animation is fantastic and the pacing and challenge ramps up very nicely. I love it as much as I loved World of Goo, and boy did I play the heck out of that game! I actually initially downloaded the game but then, after seeing how good it was, I decided to purchase a retail copy to support the developers. This is an honor I only bestow on the most worthy AAA games out there.

I personally never played the original but I do love the renaissance that the 2d platformers are going through on the Wii. This genre should have never been abandoned and it's about time people realize this. Fancy 3d is great and all, but for some reason I just can't shake the feeling that 2d platformers are really were the true master pieces are found most of the times (notable exceptions excluded... OOT, MM, Galaxy, Shadow Of Collosus...)

doped505069

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
dont get me wrong i think its good i just think the original was better the feel of the new game is alot more childish than the old one the old one had more of and adult feel to the game but yeah u can play the original on any nes emulator worth a play. but yeah 2d with a 3d look is where games should have headed along time ago gives a great feel

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
i didn't like it the controls are fidgety and i don't mean bad controls when you select a bean you have to like push the control stick in and move it at the same time i can't explain it but it won't simply go to the next bean if you push towards it! no big deal huh? some levels you have to act quick and quickly switch from bean to bean and while the controls are like this it's fucking annoying!! this game also bricked me and i simply have no love for it.
tongue.gif

TRushInfo

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I loved the first one and am enjoying the second. havent made much progress bcuz of work bu what I have played is sweet. I agree with the bean switching tho. I installed the wad and it didnt brick me on 4.1u. Weird

B-Blue

slut
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Antarctica
Bladexdsl said:
i didn't like it the controls are fidgety and i don't mean bad controls when you select a bean you have to like push the control stick in and move it at the same time i can't explain it but it won't simply go to the next bean if you push towards it! no big deal huh? some levels you have to act quick and quickly switch from bean to bean and while the controls are like this it's fucking annoying!! this game also bricked me and i simply have no love for it.
tongue.gif

What are you talking about? The controls are perfect:

*Press Z (Keep pressing)

*Select a bean (with control stick, duh
tongue.gif
)

*Press B to drop the selected bean in front of you (Use the control stick to throw it)

WiiCrazy

Be water my friend!
Trophies
Website
www.tepetaklak.com
XP
Country
Well I liked the game a lot, here is my experience

Minuses
1. controls sometimes suffer as bladexdsl pointed out
2. no in game menu so it's a bit of headache to start and learn the game but once you get the grip of it you make your way... it's a bit like zack & wiki regarding this aspect.
3. generally it feels like it's something unfinished, there are small graphics glitches..

Pluses
1. addictive, once you start yo go on playing
2. creative and you need to be creative to play it, at least comparing to a lot of games released for wii
3. there are checkpoints in the game so you don't start from beginning once you make a mistake unlike zack&wiki...
4. Minus#2 is also a plus, the game interface becomes much more simpler once you get the grip of it...

doped505069

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ive only played the first level but yeah hope to see it draw me in because the first level didnt thanks for your comments guys

trades1981

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I played a couple levels, thought it was OK, then went to create a channel with Loadstructor and BAM my Wii was bricked. Used BootMii to reinstall my backed up Nand that was 2 months old...so A Boy and His Blob lost me 2 months of saved games...Ugh! Taught me to be careful with channel forwarders for new games in the future!

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
the bastard bricked me too lucky i have a chip and patched ios60 installed i was able to use the universal unbrick disk. 1st thing i did afterwards was put bootmii on a spare sd card i have
tongue.gif

B-Blue

slut
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Antarctica
Bladexdsl, please explain to me what exactly do you mean "when you select a bean you have to like push the control stick in and move it at the same time" cause I don't really have any problem with controls, I think they're perfect.

Sorry for being such a n00b, but try to explain in the simplest way possible (English isn't my first language), OK?
tongue.gif

Oh and I can't watch the video right now I'm at work.

boondoklife

Trophies
Website
boondoklife.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
I loved the game personaly. I played the original into the dirt when I was little and this one was just as good. There were a couple of things like only certain bean on certain stages, that annoyed me but short of this I was good. Also use of the classic controller would have been nice.

As a side note when what is that damn glowing thing in the room used for, short of turning off the lights and why would you want to do that?

demitrius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This game is absolute trash. One of the worst games I've bought this year. Please, pirate this game for all that is holy. What a smearfest of the original.

DSGamer64

Canadian, Eh?
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I like the game, but comparing it to the original is dumb as hell since they are completely different in many areas. For one, the original was a pure side scrolling puzzle game, I don't recall there being enemies in the original, not to mention the game is far more linear this time around, whereas you had basically one giant level and had to use the various beans to get to the end of the game.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, lol +1