Status
Not open for further replies.

LxTrix

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Help us get a separate board for Wii Bricks. Every day people post about their wii getting bricked. It'll be a place for guides to prevent this. People who want to help can go there. People who don't want to help won't be forced to see the repetitive threads in other sections. Less trolling, more help, vote & promote!

dice said:
150 votes and I'll add it myself.

Get promoting.

D

Deleted-171178

If this was made I would spend my whole day lurking there.

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
dice said:
It'll be added in 2012.
wii 2 or whatever it's called will be out by than!
hate2.gif

LxTrix

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well we are half way to 150....I wonder what the mods of the Wii section think of the idea....

It could be a general Wii Support area.

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
LxTrix said:
Well we are half way to 150....I wonder what the mods of the Wii section think of the idea....

There is no mod for the wii section (eventhough I find it highly needed)
but moderators can't add forums anyway

p1ngpong

Gamer Professional Deluxe
Supervisor
Trophies
Website
imgur.com
XP
Country
Croatia
tj_cool said:
LxTrix said:

There is no mod for the wii section (eventhough I find it highly needed)
but moderators can't add forums anyway

There are a total of 20 staff members that have power absolutely everywhere on the forum, this makes them highly flexible, and is far more then most sites. Im not getting involved in a debate of whether we need specialized mods for certain sections, I just thought I should point out we don't exactly have a lack of manpower here.

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
p1ngpong said:
There are a total of 20 staff members that have power absolutely everywhere on the forum, this makes them highly flexible, and is far more then most sites. Im not getting involved in a debate of whether we need specialized mods for certain sections, I just thought I should point out we don't exactly have a lack of manpower here.
Sure, the staff does a good job here
And yes, they can moderate everything, but its just that none of them really knows ultra super much about the wii hacking things. (Some of them (2 or so) know quite much of it, but not super much)
I'm not saying they're dumb or anything, just it would be handy to have one that specializes in those wii things.
Also, the wii section is one the the most visited ones, so it gets chaotic really fast, so one that constantly guards can be handy.

I don't know, maybe a wii bricks board works too, we'll see where this idea ends
smile.gif

p1ngpong

Gamer Professional Deluxe
Supervisor
Trophies
Website
imgur.com
XP
Country
Croatia
tj_cool said:
p1ngpong said:
Sure, the staff does a good job here
And yes, they can moderate everything, but its just that none of them really knows ultra super much about the wii hacking things. (Some of them (2 or so) know quite much of it, but not super much)
I'm not saying they're dumb or anything, just it would be handy to have one that specializes in those wii things.
Also, the wii section is one the the most visited ones, so it gets chaotic really fast, so one that constantly guards can be handy.

I don't know, maybe a wii bricks board works too, we'll see where this idea ends
smile.gif

Sure I completely see where you are coming from. But let me put it to you, you do not need to be an expert in Wii hacking or any other field in order to know when a thread needs to be moderated. Also, the combined knowledge base of the staff on such matters will never ever come close to that of the members here, no matter how many staff there are. At the end of the day over 99% of help comes from your average member, not from a mod. And you don't need to have the power to delete posts and shut threads down in order to give advice, be helpful and contribute to the forum. I have seen many instances of people asking for specified staff for specific areas, and it has always bemused me a little. Because like I said you do not need to have power here to be helpful, and if you want to keep the forum clean you can use the report button, I report things all the time here myself and I certainly do not need any power here to make a difference.

Thats just my opinion on this frequently raised issue anyway.

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
The knowledge part was important to me because the wii hacking scene is dangerous. If one were to know reasonably much about it, all old/dangerous topics could be closed faster and some other things like that.

But you're right, one needs no knowledge about the subject to moderate topics.
And I usually report things myself (or PM a staff member). And the helping is not problem as well
tongue.gif

It isn't a must for me. I can be happy without it, I'm just suggesting
wink.gif

No need to discuss this farther, everyone thinks for himself
smile.gif
(and its off topic)

LxTrix

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Kinda wish i didn't mention mods....anyways.....if i have to promote this i surely will, might take a bit longer to get to 150 but i'm sure we will.

Omega_2

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Board(Sub-Board) name: Wii Bricks, Breaks, etc.
Caption: Heroes wanted
smileipb2.png

2nd choice: Wii went 'an hero' on you?

Yeah, I've become bored of seeing these brick threads popping up everywhere myself(watch me brick my wii on the next update now XD)

Frederica Bernkastel

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I havn't read anything in this thread, but judging by the tile you're asking for the Wii forum to be removed completely?

yes, I agree, the soft-mods were the worst thing to happen. Ever.
thanks to them such genius as the WODE ( http://www.modsupplier.com/catalog/wode-ju...ader-p-326.html ) will never see the light of day.

and no, I know that you're suggesting the opposite

D

Deleted-171178

If the board was made I call dibbs on making the first guide describing the types of bricks/how and if they can be fixed.
smile.gif

LxTrix

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Antoligy said:
I havn't read anything in this thread, but judging by the tile you're asking for the Wii forum to be removed completely?

yes, I agree, the soft-mods were the worst thing to happen. Ever.
thanks to them such genius as the WODE ( http://www.modsupplier.com/catalog/wode-ju...ader-p-326.html ) will never see the light of day.

and no, I know that you're suggesting the opposite

You're an idiot get out of this thread....

Davess

On the list :D (Thanks Haflore)
Trophies
Website
www.daviddavid.webs.com
XP
Country
Canada
dice said:
I've added a poll. 5 "yes" replies doesn't justify adding it. I have no interest in the wii but if there's a demand for this it'll be considered.
how come my wii bricking forum topic was turned down and flamed for days?

EDIT:

Vote For davess for mod of the soon to be Wii Bricking Forum!

dice

pansy-ass ex-staff member
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
davess said:
dice said:
I've added a poll. 5 "yes" replies doesn't justify adding it. I have no interest in the wii but if there's a demand for this it'll be considered.

I'm not responsible for the people in your thread disagreeing with your suggestion.

If you actually knew what a "flame" is you'd know that there isn't any in your thread.

happydance

Trophies
XP
Country
most of you haven't noticed but by now all wii's being made has no more vunerable boot2, meaning no brick protection. will see more of this bricks since newbs are getting lu64+, and it's very easy to brick a lu64+ wii, from a simple mistake, accident or stupidity.

most senior wii hackers/homebrewers are lucky since they got boot2 so they don't get a complete helpless brick

can't stop the newbs form attempting to hack their wii's and bricking them, we'll all been noobs from a certain time, but that doesn't mean that some will never learn

Davess

On the list :D (Thanks Haflore)
Trophies
Website
www.daviddavid.webs.com
XP
Country
Canada
dice said:
davess said:
dice said:

I'm not responsible for the people in your thread disagreeing with your suggestion.

If you actually knew what a "flame" is you'd know that there isn't any in your thread.

i was using a Hyperbole in that sentence i did not get flamed.

( I just wanted to bump the thread in disguise
ph34r.gif
)

and can i moderate that forum if it does come to being??
smileipb2.png

or am i asking too much?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.techradar.com/gaming/consoles-pc/ayns-new-gaming-handheld-looks-like-a-psp-and-it-mig...