Been a while.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
BAWWW.

I don't think it's so crappy , it's just that the drivers aren't finished and a lot of optimisiation is missing because of bugs.
Why do all these Reviewers tell it's crap compared to ATI's new card...
When they probably haven't even tested the prototyp drivers for it. *hehe*

Anyways , I think of buying a 9600GT myself , but first comes a new mainboard and a new cpu seeing as I already have a 8600GT and it's limited because of my CPU.

€dit:
Quote of VR-Zone :

"Nvidia is still tuning up the drivers and the clock speeds aren't finalized yet so we should be seeing some improvements when launched."

grog.gif

ZeWarrior

TheWarrior
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
Shuny said:
legendofphil said:
All these benchmarks are pointless, the drivers aren't finished yet.
There is a set of drivers floating around that gets more out but not all and that makes the 3870X2 a bit crap.
A driver will not increase performances by 10%

Bad drivers can make a huge difference in performance. Don't assume things. Better drivers can very well increase the performance by about 20-40%

Gman 101

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Oh damn... I was gonna upgrade my graphics card soon... and my budget isn't too large... I was hoping for something groundbreaking like the 8 series to the 7 series...

Looks like Nvidia's turning into an EA. Repetitive products with no real breakthrough in technology (or in EA's case, gameplay) and possibly a step backwards (in EA's case, NFS: ProStreet). 9800GTX looks like a G92 revision of the 8800GTX. Epic fail.

I'd still be getting it though. Better than my 7950GX2 which has been happily chugging along for the last 2 years despite crappy drivers and bad support (on many MANY games including CoD4 and initially Crysis).

legendofphil

Phil no Densetsu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
They can have the odd generation of cards that aren't a vast improvement over the previous.
ATi haven't exactly been pushing the boat out for the past few years. Unless you count their professional cards, but they suck at playing games.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: How is everyone?