Hacking 9.3.0-21 Nintendo 3DS Update Released

xantoz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I like how the edited OP post says it blocks all flashcards when we don't even have any confirmation of this yet...

D

Deleted-19228

Confirmed myself.

Attachments

• Photo Dec 08, 4 47 32 PM.jpg
    Photo Dec 08, 4 47 32 PM.jpg
    395.1 KB · Views: 794

omarroms

Trophies
Website
www.freewebs.com
XP
Country
United States
Version 9.3.0-21U available via wireless Internet connection includes the following improvements:

Changes to the HOME Menu:
      • A Shuffle Favorites feature has been added under Change Theme in HOME Menu Settings. Users can choose multiple themes and have their theme change when the system is left in Sleep Mode from the HOME Menu or turned on after being off
      • Available software updates can now be downloaded from the HOME Menu
      • Users can now capture screenshots with both the upper and lower screens included
Improvements to system stability and usability:
    • Further improvements to overall system stability and other minor adjustments have been made to enhance the user experience
source: nintendo support

Zidapi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
crap, i just bought AUS N3DS yesterday, looks like i might have just wasted $300
Nah, the Australian systems ship with 9.0 which is compatible with gateway's exploit. You've got nothing to worry about.

Those poor suckers who took the risk of buying a Japanese system may be fucked though. Time will tell.

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
According to early reports from Smealum, one of the later stage exploits in Ninjhax got patched. So yeah, if you have that, you may want to avoid this update. Has anyone emailed Gateway yet? It definitely looks like they are using a different exploit. If Gateway confirms it still works on 9.3 I personally would go ahead with the update. I plan to skip the whole Ninjhax business. :P

alepman90

Trophies
XP
Country
Nah, the Australian systems ship with 9.0 which is compatible with gateway's exploit. You've got nothing to worry about.

Those poor suckers who took the risk of buying a Japanese system may be fucked though. Time will tell.
Yay,proud to be one of those,and from smea's twitter:
according to @qlutoo one of the later stage exploits we use has been patched. so, again, DO NOT UPDATE TO 9.3 FOR NINJHAX.

Arnold0

Trophies
Website
arnold0.com
XP
Country
France
9.3.0 is definitly out. Break emunand do not update the emunand otherwhise stuck on blackscreen.
I'll have to restore a backup of 9.2 (Hope I didn't deleted them all when I cleaned my PC lol)

Thomas12345

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Yeah but I'm worried Nintendo will start making N3DS with 9.3 already on them, and playasia will ship a 9.3 to me... is this possible or am i just over-reacting? I read somewhere that ppl have gotten 3DSs with firmwares that haven't even been released yet

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
This is the bit we should all be concerned about.

If the vulnerability Gateway is exploiting is patched we should see a release within 24-48 hours I'd say.

Hopefully we'll hear something from gateway shortly.
im pretty sure the new exploit is nothing to do with themes.....they said it works on 9.0-9.2, they had ordered AUS models for testing, which means the 9.0-9.2 statement was about Japanese consoles....and 9.0 didnt have themes for japan :P

slowmotioning

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's okay! It's never been deconfirmed that the exploit doesn't work on 8.x, but also, as long as you don't update, you can eventually get it. But also, we don't even know if it blocks the new gateway exploit yet, as they haven't released it.

I emailed Gateway about this a few days ago and they said the exploit does not work on 8.x, only 9.0-9.2.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.ebay.com/itm/386617469929?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=2T8UwYf_Qse&...