Hacking 9.2 Gateway questions

themperror

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Ok so instead of posting multiple threads I'll ask everything in one go

1: When I run the exploit and boot it into gateway mode, the system settings doesn't show GATEWAY or something like that, just the normal 9.2.20E version, I guess I'm not in an emunand or so?
So basically, How do I enter emunand? and get it to 9.4?

2. I can't seem to find something called Savedatafiler, I need this because I backed up my MH3 rom so I don't need to keep switching cartridges and didn't want to lose my save (over 400 hours). so I have my MH3.3dz but lost all save data, How do I get it on there? Same for Super Smash Bros

3. (Not sure if I can ask this?) Where do I obtain the Update data for Smash Bros as I lost all update data when I formatted the SD card so I had a clean start (in order to make sure nothing goes wrong), and I guess it will be a .cia, Can I just install this with the multirom menu? or do I need something for it?

4. I Exported my Smash Bros header from my own cartridge backup and applied it to pokemon ORAS, but I couldn't go online (it IS a .3dz file) I used Rom Cleaner 1.0 and imported the header.. It says: You cannot go online with this cartridge (which is an invalid header error).

I already read upon alot of this stuff but there's no real links or whatever I can use, and as I couldn't do it in practice back then (no gateway update) it's kinda hard to follow all steps.

(So yeah.. My 3ds is on 9.2 and have gateway enabled)

twicefalles

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
1. In GW Menu, choose Format Emunand, then update it in System Settings

2. google 3ds to Cia converter, it has all the files you are looking for

3. you can update in eshop on emunand or use .cia

4. i'm not sure, maybe change the manufacturer, other ppl are reporting minor problems with some online games

Reactions: themperror

themperror

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
1. In GW Menu, choose Format Emunand, then update it in System Settings

2. google 3ds to Cia converter, it has all the files you are looking for

3. you can update in eshop on emunand or use .cia

4. i'm not sure, maybe change the manufacturer, other ppl are reporting minor problems with some online games

Thanks, maybe this wil also help some other people

themperror

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
One more extra question, How do I obtain the XORPads on 9.2? cause this video says I need to put a launcher.dat on the SD card together with the ncchinfo.bin and go to DS profile and it will generate xorpads.. But Then i'd have to replace the gateway launcher.dat, So.. I guess that won't work?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/AkzulQxOgQs?si=UIe4puLCp7NoP3r7 seldom gbatemp shoutout +1