KannatsukiKei

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi Guys,

I recently bought 2 brand-new N3DS's, 1 regular and 1 XL, neither of them have had OTA updates. The XL had v9.4 US, and the regular had 10.7 US, so as far as I'm concerned, I lucked out and both can allow Homebrew access without additional hardware.

I started with the XL. Using Browserhax, I was able to easily downgrade from 9.4 to 9.2, install the Homebrew channel and setup EmuNAND. No issues.

Then I started on the regular N3DS, being 10.7.0.32, Browserhax did not work and I needed an entry point. Luckily at this point I already had HB access through my New XL, and I happen to own a copy of Omega Ruby as well. I installed basehaxx on the XL and used my OR to launch it on the regular N3DS, it succeeded! So far so good. Now I attempted to perform the downgrade using sysDowngrader. This is when shit got weird...

The downgrader is known for its slight instability, so crashing while downgrading is a common occurrence and users would be in a "partial downgrade". It happened once when I was downgrading my New XL from 9.4, all I had to do is retry and it worked the second time. However, the same crash on the regular N3DS is now causing me a serious headache.

The system has been partially downgraded to 9.2.0.20U, and now my OR entry point no longer works. I tried using both basehaxx 10.7 payload and 9.2 payload. 10.7 will get me as far as "The homebrew ropbin is ready", followed by the message "An error has occurred. Please save your data in any software currently in use and then restart the system". 9.2 payload will simply crash the game (given the partial downgrade I suppose). I've tried both about a dozen times each, so I don't think it's a matter of instability. The payloads aren't functioning properly at this point.

Basehaxx only supports up to 11.0, which means I cannot do a system recovery and restart from 11.1. I can't access Browserhaxx since the system was blocked at 10.7. I'm basically stuck at a partially downgraded 9.2 without access to another entry point. Is there a way for Basehaxx to function in my current state, or is there a method to revert my partial 9.2 downgrade? Or manually upgrade to anything but 11.1 without the Homebrew Channel?

Bottom line is, I'm stuck in a partially downgraded 9.2, I don't have a secondary entry point and I'm screwed =(

UPDATE**

So I decided to do something quite risky (?). I popped in my Monster Hunter Generations cartridge, updated the system to 10.3U using the cart, and then loaded up the corresponding payload from basehaxx. Basehaxx worked again in 10.3, I attempted downgrade to 9.2, successful on the first try. I'm so happy I didn't brick anything QQ

Last edited by KannatsukiKei,

proflayton123

The Temp Loaf'
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Japan
Hi Guys,

I recently bought 2 brand-new N3DS's, 1 regular and 1 XL, neither of them have had OTA updates. The XL had v9.4 US, and the regular had 10.7 US, so as far as I'm concerned, I lucked out and both can allow Homebrew access without additional hardware.

I started with the XL. Using Browserhax, I was able to easily downgrade from 9.4 to 9.2, install the Homebrew channel and setup EmuNAND. No issues.

Then I started on the regular N3DS, being 10.7.0.32, Browserhax did not work and I needed an entry point. Luckily at this point I already had HB access through my New XL, and I happen to own a copy of Omega Ruby as well. I installed basehaxx on the XL and used my OR to launch it on the regular N3DS, it succeeded! So far so good. Now I attempted to perform the downgrade using sysDowngrader. This is when shit got weird...

The downgrader is known for its slight instability, so crashing while downgrading is a common occurrence and users would be in a "partial downgrade". It happened once when I was downgrading my New XL from 9.4, all I had to do is retry and it worked the second time. However, the same crash on the regular N3DS is now causing me a serious headache.

The system has been partially downgraded to 9.2.0.20U, and now my OR entry point no longer works. I tried using both basehaxx 10.7 payload and 9.2 payload. 10.7 will get me as far as "The homebrew ropbin is ready", followed by the message "An error has occurred. Please save your data in any software currently in use and then restart the system". 9.2 payload will simply crash the game (given the partial downgrade I suppose). I've tried both about a dozen times each, so I don't think it's a matter of instability. The payloads aren't functioning properly at this point.

So now I have a partially downgraded N3DS and I no longer have access to my entry point. Anyone have any insight as to how to get out of this Limbo state?

Have you tried PlaiSysUpdater? Or the one in the glorious guide? No browser? Look at the guide in my sig and go to 9.2 in the guide, this should help

KannatsukiKei

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's the most reliable to get you where your final goal is, A9LH?
K I checked out the link in your sig. It's actually the exact guide I followed for both my 3DS's (awesome guide). But I'm stuck with the second n3ds (regular size) at the downgrading part.

Basehaxx only supports up to 11.0, which means I cannot do a system recovery and restart from 11.1. I can't access Browserhaxx since the system was blocked at 10.7. I'm basically stuck at a partially downgraded 9.2 without access to another entry point. Is there a way for Basehaxx to function in my current state, or is there a method to revert my partial 9.2 downgrade? Or manually upgrade to anything but 11.1 without the Homebrew Channel?

Bottom line is, I don't have a secondary entry point and I'm screwed =(

Last edited by KannatsukiKei,

KannatsukiKei

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
*uck YES!

So I decided to do something quite risky (?). I popped in my Monster Hunter Generations cartridge, updated the system to 10.3U using the cart, and then loaded up the corresponding payload from basehaxx. Basehaxx worked again in 10.3, I attempted downgrade to 9.2, successful on trial 1. I'm so happy I didn't brick anything QQ

UaNkC

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey the exact same thing happened to my N3DS XL today. Can you give me some advise on how you got it fixed?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/3eGAHfC5P-Y?si=Fo3iEl1pZ4D_O6dp