Hacking 9.00 -> 9.20 update?

digitalkid56

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a question that probably does not warrant a thread for, but have nowhere else to ask..

Can I update a US 9.00 N3DSXL to 9.20 using a EU game? I know it's region locked, but is there any way to just use the update to get it a little more current?

sanni

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
You can update using the 9.20 version of Super Smash Bros (US).
Why would you wanna use an EU game? Also I don't think any 9.2 EU's are out there yet

Reactions: digitalkid56

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a question that probably does not warrant a thread for, but have nowhere else to ask..

Can I update a US 9.00 N3DSXL to 9.20 using a EU game? I know it's region locked, but is there any way to just use the update to get it a little more current?
Why? Not to be nosey but if you want to upgrade only to 9.2 you clearly have a flashcard or CFW in mind, and I know of no substantial advantage of 9.2 over 9.0 other than "stability enhancements".

digitalkid56

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
that's kind of the answers I was looking for..

Did not know that Smash bros had the 9.2 update (i thought the 9.2's were only EU released), and I figured 9.2 would have some newer features? but I guess not.. I don't know the minor differences with the upgrade, I just went straight from 9.0->9.5 on my first device, second one I'm still on 9.0..

thanks for the info, it helped!

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
that's kind of the answers I was looking for..

Did not know that Smash bros had the 9.2 update (i thought the 9.2's were only EU released), and I figured 9.2 would have some newer features? but I guess not.. I don't know the minor differences with the upgrade, I just went straight from 9.0->9.5 on my first device, second one I'm still on 9.0..

thanks for the info, it helped!
Just be aware that only some of the Smash carts have 9.2,, the newer ones it appears.

All three of my N3DSs are on 9.0, see no reason to update them as sysnand is dead to me, everything is in emunand. Even if there was some "feature" why care, you have it in emunand.

Aurora Wright

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
You CAN update *specifically* from 9.0 to 9.2 in sysNAND using the updated Smash ROM (for US consoles) or the Cooking Mama 5 ROM (for EU consoles) on Gateway... This is an exception because the only updated titles between those fws are the version number and Home Menu (FIRM was unchanged). Don't do it with any cartridge update which updates FIRM or you get a brick!
To do it just hold UP pressed while booting gw mode (with no emuNAND on SD card), and as you select and try to boot the game it'll update.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fv6vlP2qSyo