9.0.0 system update

Discussion in 'Switch - Exploits, Custom Firmwares & Soft Mods' started by sarisa, Sep 10, 2019.

1. sarisa
    OP

sarisa Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 10, 2019
    Poland
    Hi guys,
    First of all I'm new in here so please excuse me if this is a dumb question. My switch setup is:
    * 8.0.1 running on atmosphere 0.9.1 CFW (sysnand). I'm using RCMone dongle to push payload.
    * "90dns" setup
    * Airplane mode on
    * Auto system update "off"

So the question is: if I turn airplane mode off for whatever reason, will my switch gets autoupdated to 9.0.0?

I bought switch some time ago as used device. Probably it's banned, but I don't care. I tend not to touch things that work fine, so want to be 100% sure before I do something stupid to my switch whether accidentally or not.

Thank you.

2. linuxares

linuxares I'm not a generous god!

Aug 5, 2007
    Sweden
    90dns should block the connection it self. But with airplane mode you should be 100% safe. If you run a newer game that require 9.0 or an update. It might whine about it. But for now wait for a new AMS version and update later on. SciresM is probably looking what new Nintendo have done. And if 9.0 require new keys, I bet hekxyz is poking around already.

3. TheCyberQuake

TheCyberQuake Certified Geek

Dec 2, 2014
    United States
    Las Vegas, Nevada
    Well we know SciresM is looking at the changes because he's currently streaming it

linuxares likes this.
  4. romain337

romain337 GBAtemp Regular

Jan 7, 2016
    France
    Paris
    Haha I will not get fooled by the update popup while trying to launch the HBL in a hurry this time :yay:

5. sarisa
    OP

sarisa Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 10, 2019
    Poland
    Thanks. I'll wait patiently.
    Now I'm just only wondering why Nintendo put in their console "automatic system update" option if it's irrelevant?

6. dzodzo

dzodzo Member

Newcomer
    Sep 10, 2019
    Poland
    I just did this on my switch. on mistake I updated to 9.0.0. and Atmosphere stops working :(

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

do you propose to try downgrade or wait for new AMS release?

7. TheCyberQuake

TheCyberQuake Certified Geek

Dec 2, 2014
    United States
    Las Vegas, Nevada
    That option actually says "automatic software update", and seems to be more for your games and such rather than the actual switch firmware

Well if you burned fuses, you won't really be downgrading. Though atmosphere will likely see an update within the next few days based on an estimate from SciresM himeself

8. sarisa
    OP

sarisa Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 10, 2019
    Poland
    Yeah, you're right. I guess I've read what I wanted to read, not what it really was:)

9. wizra

wizra GBAtemp Regular

Mar 7, 2009
    > takes all these steps to avoid update
    > asks if he can update

Khodeus, Erol and cucholix like this.
  10. Bladexdsl

Bladexdsl ZOMG my posts...it's over 9000!!!

Nov 17, 2008
    Australia
    Queensland
    the noobdate posts are flooding in already...

wizra and MeAndHax like this.
  11. dzodzo

dzodzo Member

Newcomer
    Sep 10, 2019
    Poland
    stupid questions from rookie person:
    1. Is it okay to be logged to eshop while using CFW?
    2. Is it okay (Possible) if I archive game and later download it from internet - while installing it via nsp?

Thank you I was looking for the answers but didn't found anywhere straight answer.

12. sarisa
    OP

sarisa Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 10, 2019
    Poland
    My original question was whether system gets automatically updated if I turn one of these "precautions" off and connect to WiFi. Question was answered above.

13. pcwizard7

pcwizard7 GBAtemp Fan

Aug 2, 2013
    Australia
    U should never have cfw while online and reatore clean backup after every online session and only use cfw with emummc

So restore clean nand> update it via offline > clean nand by clean system partition > link account and eshop then backup this nand for future restore session

Someone plz expand steps i m on ipad :)

Last edited by pcwizard7, Sep 10, 2019
    dzodzo likes this.
  14. Bladexdsl

Bladexdsl ZOMG my posts...it's over 9000!!!

Nov 17, 2008
    Australia
    Queensland
  15. linuxares

Aug 5, 2007
    Sweden
    Just wait. Downgrading is dangerous if you don't know what you're doing.

kornjaca200 likes this.
  16. pcwizard7

pcwizard7 GBAtemp Fan

Aug 2, 2013
    Australia
    if he updates via system update then its probably burned the fuses you can check by going into hekate>console infor>fuses>Burnt fuse count: x/xx

If your switch is an unpatched switch then downgrading to lower firmware than your fuse count would mean you have to boot Hekate every time and i d keep it offline from Nintendo. if your switch is ipatched switch then your sol

Last edited by pcwizard7, Sep 10, 2019
  17. linuxares

Aug 5, 2007
    Sweden
    The fuse actually isn't burn during the update but burnt during the start of the official firmare. That mostly likely have happened if it booted up (since it replaces AutoRCM during update).

18. pcwizard7

pcwizard7 GBAtemp Fan

Aug 2, 2013
    Australia
    yea also note after system update doesn't it power off not reboot?

19. linuxares

Aug 5, 2007
    Sweden
    So long ago I did a update, so I'm not sure.

20. A3660537JPN

A3660537JPN Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 13, 2017
    Japan
    1.I often use eshop while I am using Atmosphere but I have not got banned yet.So I think it is ok to be logged to eshop while using CFW.
    2.You should never install any nsps. If you connect to Nintendo Server after installing nsps,you will get banned soon.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

If you are using the latest atmosphere,autorcm will not be replaced even if you update your switch in the official way.

klear and dzodzo like this.