Hacking Question 8.0.1 Question

MikeNS

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi All,

Just got another switch Unpatched with 8.0.1 firmware.
Should I update to 9.0 before jailbreaking or just go ahead and jailbreak it?

Thanks!

thesjaakspoiler

Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
9.0 has just been released so there might still be some minor issues with all our favorite tools.
8.0.1 has been out for quite a while so every major issue has already been resolved.
Call me lazy but there are no games that require 9.0, so imho no need to update to it.
Some recent game updates require 8.1.
Maybe familiarize yourself with ChoiDujourNX to update to 8.1 (and 9.0 in the future).
And do make a full NAND backup just in case something goes wrong (most things can be fixed by reformatting the SD card and do a clean install of all tools).

MikeNS

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
9.0 has just been released so there might still be some minor issues with all our favorite tools.
8.0.1 has been out for quite a while so every major issue has already been resolved.
Call me lazy but there are no games that require 9.0, so imho no need to update to it.
Some recent game updates require 8.1.
Maybe familiarize yourself with ChoiDujourNX to update to 8.1 (and 9.0 in the future).
And do make a full NAND backup just in case something goes wrong (most things can be fixed by reformatting the SD card and do a clean install of all tools).

Thanks!

I have Atmosphere running on 8.0.1 with Goldleaf and everything seems to be running fine is there an easy way to backup the NAND using the homebrew menu then upgrading with ChoiDujourNX to 8.1.0?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3xQO7neBmy0&pp=ygUXU2hvd2VyIHNjZW5lIEhhbGYgYmFrZWQ%3D