Hacking 7.0 Update, PKG error & some questions

fahad04

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hello NS experts,

Super noob here! My switch came with 5.1 OFW & I did full NAND backup. Then I updated to 6.2 by choidujoutNX. Everything was running fine on atmosphere 8.0.3 until I updated to 7.0 (I'm a fool :unsure:) thinking that it's a game update, not a system update. Had autoRCM, so NS booted into RCM. Couldn't load atmosphere.

So, I turned off AutoRCM in Hackate & booted into OFW (Super fool I am, probably burnt my NS fuses :cry:)!

Now, I have a couple of questions & need your suggestions:

1. I know I can downgrade to 5.1 using my NAND backup, but I decided to wait for few weeks to get 7.0 supported atmosphere. Am I doing right?
2. If my NS fuses are burnt, what does that means? Had I gone offline for the rest of my NS life?
3. Right now, AutoRCM is off & my NS is booting into OFW every time. Should I turn on AutoRCM in Hackate or it doesn't matter now?

Some of my questions are already been asked in forum but couldn't resist myself to share the story with you guys, sorry for that, Happy gaming!

Thanks

S3phi40T

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Burnt fuses mean you can't downgrade below main version.
You can delete your 5.1 Nand backup.

Wysłane z mojego Redmi Note 4 przy użyciu Tapatalka

Reactions: fahad04

Kubas_inko

"Something funny goes here."
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
1. What can you be doing wrong?
2. Means that official bootloader won't allow you to boot FWs with fewer fuses than you already burned. So in order to boot lower FWs, you always have to boot through RCM and bootloader which skips fuze count.
3. Does not matter. If you turn it on, you won't gain anything now.

Reactions: fahad04

fahad04

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So, as far I understand, I can downgrade to 5.01 & can boot into it using RCM & CFW (Which bypass fuse count on boot) but not through OFW or official bootloader. Patiently waiting for Atmosphere 7.0 support.

Thanks all for replying.

S3phi40T

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
As far as I understand you could do that with EmuNAND but on OFW you get softbrick?

Wysłane z mojego Redmi Note 4 przy użyciu Tapatalka

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-