Hacking 6.xx PRO CFW Release Thread

Fireballo

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
does this work with all the regular homebrew? Will it run the PSX games that I have converted with popsloader? and has it been tested with PSP 2000 with TA 088 boards? I decided to go for it and it seem to run all my homebrew my converted PSX games and it works great on my 2000. This is really great. Finally I have a fully hacked PSP.

notmeanymore

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does POPSloader work on this? My friend has a game that's buggy as hell in 6.35's POPS, and supposedly only works in 3.40's pops.

trance

Trophies
XP
Country
Not having any luck with PSX at the moment. Checked with all ISO drivers just in case, but only black screen after opening all the PSX eboots I had from my 5.00 M33 PSP (which i know worked).

KevFan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Coto said:
Can someone tell me, what´s the difference between a fast recovery and PRO-X(x meaning the release) ?
Fast Recovery – Misunderstanding?

I’ve been browsing through several newspages, forums, etc. to see how 6.35 PRO-B is being used… and I’ve discovered a big misunderstanding most guys suffer from.

Fast Recovery is not a recovery menu!

It’s a “Fast Launcher for People who already have installed the CFW using the Updater” !

The Updater launches a Pre-Execution Environment to execute the Kernel Module Installer, this takes about 10 seconds extra time… however, once the CFW is installed there is no need for that anymore…

Fast Recovery is a fast app to recover CFW functions after they have been disabled by a system shutdown.

The Updater + Install + Reboot to PRO takes about 20 seconds total time…

Booting into PRO CFW using Fast Recovery takes 10 seconds only, but has no install / uninstall options.

I hope this solves the misunderstandings people suffer from.[/p]
Source Coldbird's Blog

KevFan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mchief298 said:
Is PRO-B worth the upgrade, though? I haven't gotten an answer...
Well it really depends.Many will give different answers depending on their own view.It also depends on whether your psp can get a full custom firmware or only a partial custom firmware.Each custom firmware has both their pros and cons.
But seeing that you have 5.50 GEN-D,it's generally recommended to stay on it or 5.00 M33-6, depending on one's own view, since it will be on cfw after a coldboot.
But if you want some new games to work,you can always use the Prometheus-4 addon though.

gamecaptor

R.I.P. Densetsu. Legends never die!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello all,

I think I might be a little confused. 6.35 Pro-A/B is NOT a permanent Firmware. It is just a flash/temporary based firmware, so that when you reboot your PSP, you need to re-engage it. Am I understanding this correctly?

BasedKiliK

Salt of the Earth~
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
gamecaptor said:
Hello all,

I think I might be a little confused. 6.35 Pro-A/B is NOT a permanent Firmware. It is just a flash/temporary based firmware, so that when you reboot your PSP, you need to re-engage it. Am I understanding this correctly?
Pretty much. The modules are loaded into RAM instead of installed directly, as the 3000 and Go units contain a pre-IPL that, at the moment, prevent a full CFW installation without a brick.

gamecaptor

R.I.P. Densetsu. Legends never die!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah, thanks for chiming in demonicstrife. Ok, so that would be true for all model PSPs, even the older, flash-able 1000s?

My reason for asking is I have a PSP 1001 running 5.50 Prome-4 and it has served me well, but I am running into the problem as some other people with the newer games. I have no need for homebrew or PSX support, just recent PSP titles. I’m, like a lot of other people, wondering if making the change/upgrade is worth it.

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
You lose more than you gain by updating but since you have a 1000 you don't lose anything by trying it and if you don't like it downgrading back.

solidsnake13

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a PSPGo with 6.20/TN-C, is it worth it to upgrade to 6.35 and use Pro-B or should I wait for TN-D? I am looking to use converted PSX and other PSN PSX games.

BasedKiliK

Salt of the Earth~
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
solidsnake13 said:
I have a PSPGo with 6.20/TN-C, is it worth it to upgrade to 6.35 and use Pro-B or should I wait for TN-D? I am looking to use converted PSX and other PSN PSX games.
6.35 has slightly less plugin and homebrew support than 6.20, so in your case, I'd say go for it if you don't care too much about those. Otherwise, wait for TN-D.

JALsnipe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I still can't save when using ISOs on Pro-B. Anyone else having this issue?

EDIT: It only seems to be a problem with my copy of Tony Hawk's Underground 2 Remix. Tekken 6 saved fine.

EDIT2: There was some sort of corrupt savedata on the memory card. i deleted it and now THUG2 works fine. So weird...

solidsnake13

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am going to upgrade to 6.35 and try out Pro-B, but there are several plugins in the download, do I need to add these to any of the plugin files manually or does the installer do it for me?

KevFan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
solidsnake13 said:
I am going to upgrade to 6.35 and try out Pro-B, but there are several plugins in the download, do I need to add these to any of the plugin files manually or does the installer do it for me?
I believe the installer does it all for you.The 'plugins' are, what i believe, the files flashed onto your psp.......in which case they are the PRO-B modules used for ISO loading and for loading PSX games etc......

Nujui

I need something to do.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nightmare0987 said:
is it worth getting a psp 3k now after seeing so many different firmwares getting released?
It depends on what you want. You can get a 3000 if you want, or any of the other ones. They are all hackable.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: The Castlevania game was on the PS1 so that's cool +1