Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Rydian said:
Goli said:
I can't either unless I fiddle around with my PSP's lock switch. Maybe doing that will work for you too?
Wait, you've gotten it working on this?
How did you fiddle with it?
Moving it up and down, repeatedly.
Though my PSP has some really strange... quirks.
For example, I've never, even on older firmwares, been able to access the recovery menu by pressing select without it freezing, so honestly it doesn't surprise me that strange things work.

Nujui

I need something to do.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Goli said:
Rydian said:
Goli said:
I can't either unless I fiddle around with my PSP's lock switch. Maybe doing that will work for you too?
Wait, you've gotten it working on this?
How did you fiddle with it?
Moving it up and down, repeatedly.
Though my PSP has some really strange... quirks.
For example, I've never, even on older firmwares, been able to access the recovery menu by pressing select without it freezing, so honestly it doesn't surprise me that strange things work.
That happens to my psp too.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Blog post was edited with useful info.

QUOTE said:
Should you manage to brick yourself, try pressing O+X+Select+Start while turning your PSP on. It will trigger a emergency uninstall.

EDIT: Can't get POPSloader to run... it just acts like I'm not holding R when I start a PSX game.

BasedKiliK

Salt of the Earth~
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yuan said:
Classic question:

Is worth to upgrade from 5.50GEN-D3 Prometheus to this?
By this point, yeah, though it's not necessary. There are still some plugins and homebrew that work better on 5.50, but that's based on preference. And as for PSX games, some are fixed while others are broken. Most of the popular ones still work though. All PSP games work fine.

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm not sure i'm too keen on this actually. Seems more like a permanent RAM modification than a real flashed firmware.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
xist said:
I'm not sure i'm too keen on this actually. Seems more like a permanent RAM modification than a real flashed firmware.
Nope, it's a real flashed firmware, replaces vsh_main and everything. Even the temporary version flashes additional PRXs. Previously it was like Gen-C, and now is has the permanent option. It's got the option to boot into OFW (which is nice), it's got a recovery menu with common options, plugin support, supports more 5.x plugins than I thought it would (and has built-in functions of some of them so I'm now using less plugins than I was before), the works. Fuck, it's even permanent for earlier 3K models (and the readme mentions the Go, but I don't know if it works on that or that was another note).

Myself, I've switched and I'm waiting to see if anybody gets POPSloader working before I update the guides to focus on this firmware, since the older ones are dead.

Of course, I don't know if ANYTHING will ever be enough for M33 users to switch.
tongue.gif

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
It's not for all models, but it does work on earlier 3000 models, and MAYBE some Go models. If you use the temporary version of either one and then go to your system settings you can see the 0xg model of your motherboard. Up to 05g can use the permanent.

The only major feature I'm aware of that it currently lacks is POPSloader support (to increase compatibility of custom PSX games)... though I just tried some PSX games and it seems my start button doesn't respond in-game. Can anybody else confirm this?

EDIT: A plugin was interfering, now to see which it is...
EDIT2: It was JoySens.

Snailface

My frothing demand for 3ds homebrew is increasing
Trophies
Engine Room with Cyan, watching him learn.
XP
Rydian said:
It's not for all models, but it does work on earlier 3000 models, and MAYBE some Go models. If you use the temporary version of either one and then go to your system settings you can see the 0xg model of your motherboard. Up to 05g can use the permanent.

The only major feature I'm aware of that it currently lacks is POPSloader support (to increase compatibility of custom PSX games)... though I just tried some PSX games and it seems my start button doesn't respond in-game. Can anybody else confirm this?

EDIT: A plugin was interfering, now to see which it is...
EDIT2: It was JoySens.
Aren't all go models the same since there was only one batch made? Anyway, ran the perma on my go and it works swimmmingly.
yaypsp.gif

Snailface

My frothing demand for 3ds homebrew is increasing
Trophies
Engine Room with Cyan, watching him learn.
XP
Rydian said:
Snailface said:
Aren't all go models the same since there was only one batch made? Anyway, ran the perma on my go and it works swimmmingly.
yaypsp.gif
I'm not sure about that, so I want to be sure.
I assume your Go says it's a 05g in the system properties?
Yeah, it does. I believe they all do. I've never heard anybody report any other module than 05g on their go. Not here, gaf, /talk, or psp hacks.

The thing sold terribly so I don't think Sony ever needed to make a second manufacturing run (and change the module).

Cortador

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Awesome update btw. Can't believe i've got perm cfw on my 3000 now.
Been so long since i've had a perm cfw enabled psp. (Used to have a launch Psp-1000).

Could anyone get Game_categories to work with 6.20 Pro-b4?

KevFan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Rydian said:
xist said:
Nope, it's a real flashed firmware, replaces vsh_main and everything. Even the temporary version flashes additional PRXs. Previously it was like Gen-C, and now is has the permanent option. It's got the option to boot into OFW (which is nice), it's got a recovery menu with common options, plugin support, supports more 5.x plugins than I thought it would (and has built-in functions of some of them so I'm now using less plugins than I was before), the works. Fuck, it's even permanent for earlier 3K models (and the readme mentions the Go, but I don't know if it works on that or that was another note).

Myself, I've switched and I'm waiting to see if anybody gets POPSloader working before I update the guides to focus on this firmware, since the older ones are dead.

Of course, I don't know if ANYTHING will ever be enough for M33 users to switch.
tongue.gif
I completely agree with Rydian,I'm currently using 6.20 PRO Permanent on my psp 1000,although the only module that seems to be replaced is vsh_main,instead of using a custom IPL like the 5.XX cfws,it's basically the same thing as the permanent TN-D patch although this one is much more stable and more options to recover their psp should one "brick" it while installing the 6.20 permanent patch.
Also a thing one could do on 6.20 PRO permanent is to go to the recovery menu and disable the "skip Sony logo at startup" option so that when they coldboot,the Sony logo would appear first and then load the vsh menu, instead of straight booting to the vsh menu.
This in my opinion makes it much more like a full custom firmware and just seeing a black screen and then booting straight to vsh menu would give one an impression of a brick,although these are just my thoughts

slayerdx

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
45gc said:
Rydian said:
xist said:

tongue.gif
I completely agree with Rydian,I'm currently using 6.20 PRO Permanent on my psp 1000,although the only module that seems to be replaced is vsh_main,instead of using a custom IPL like the 5.XX cfws,it's basically the same thing as the permanent TN-D patch although this one is much more stable and more options to recover their psp should one "brick" it while installing the 6.20 permanent patch.
Also a thing one could do on 6.20 PRO permanent is to go to the recovery menu and disable the "skip Sony logo at startup" option so that when they coldboot,the Sony logo would appear first and then load the vsh menu, instead of straight booting to the vsh menu.
This in my opinion makes it much more like a full custom firmware and just seeing a black screen and then booting straight to vsh menu would give one an impression of a brick,although these are just my thoughts

classy for thanking sony. Keep up the good work =)

Halo-101

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is There A Guide Or Anything To Show & Explain how to go from 5.50GEND4 Prometheus 4 CFW To 6.20Permanent CFW .PSP1000 Model..Also Whats The Difference/Advantages Of 6.20BROB4/6.35PROB4

Also must Know Does USBISOLOADER 0.8 still work and make games not needed to patch or any alternative to USBISOLOADER that would work with Full game compatibilty with PROB4.

Thanks In Advance.Heaps

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
[*]Use hellcat's recovery flasher or a pandora battery to install some original firmware.[*]DOWNLOAD AND RUN the upgrade to 6.20 (DO NOT USE THE WIRELESS UPGRADING ABILITY OF THE PSP).[*]Download and run the 6.20 PRO-B4 file.[*](Optional) Run the 6.20 PRo permanent installer.

As for the advantages and features... it's in the first post. You don't need an ISO loader and it's got better game compatibility.

misticknight

Trophies
XP
Country
Just downgraded and perma patched to 6.20 everything seemed to be working fine till i tried my officially/original downloaded games. now i get this error whenever i try to launch one "This game could not be started (80010087). Anyone know whats up?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: fuckin heavy storm over here