6.72 Or Update to 7.55

Yerqz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello so I just got my 6.72 ps4 a couple of hours ago and was wondering if I should update to 7.55 to play newer games but I also don't wanna mess up anything stability wise, so should I just stay on 6.72 or Update?

Anderxale

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello so I just got my 6.72 ps4 a couple of hours ago and was wondering if I should update to 7.55 to play newer games but I also don't wanna mess up anything stability wise, so should I just stay on 6.72 or Update?
What games can't we play on 6.72? Can't they all be back ported? I'm pretty sure they all can.

As far as I know - the lower the better. More stability.

Reactions: magico29 and KiiWii

bbqtool

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia

No stay on 6.72. You can backport anything on any firmware which you can access the game.

Nyx24

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
For now don't. Wait for more stable version for 7.x

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
how do you copy physical media to the external hard drive?
same way as digital games. you can use app dumper to dump game and patch (all files will be decrypted), use gengp4 to make a list of files (don't move them as their location is in there), then orbis to make a package (make it modifiable if you want to inject the keystone to make legit saves work).

ody

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Hello. I am on 5.05. If I go to 7.55 will I have any problem with any installed games and any save progress I had?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello. I am on 5.05. If I go to 7.55 will I have any problem with any installed games and any save progress I had?
I've been told not to use backports on higher firmware, but I don't know if it actually has a detrimental effect. saves should be fine.

Reactions: ody

magico29

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What games can't we play on 6.72? Can't they all be back ported? I'm pretty sure they all can.

As far as I know - the lower the better. More stability.
Do not waste your time, that's been told many times in here and they not listen. What's the reason to go up? none, all games can be backported to 6.72, they go ahead and update and then come here crying for a solution.

Tomato123

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Everyone here is going to say to avoid it and for good reason. Updating means you lose any form of stability. Even 6.72 which is the next version that has a jailbreak is extremely unstable in comparison. 5.05 is the golden firmware.

Reactions: ody

MasterJ360

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To OP: Just go to 7.02 if you dont want to deal with too many backport versions. Its the sweetspot firmware since theres only a few games that need backport playability from 7.55 releases and much more stable. Just make sure you clear your cookies/cache after your done playing on your ps4 that way the next time you exploit it, it will only take a few tries for it to work

Last edited by MasterJ360,

Tomato123

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
To OP: Just go to 7.02 if you dont want to deal with too many backport versions. Its the sweetspot firmware since theres only a few games that need backport playability from 7.55 releases and much more stable. Just make sure you clear your cookies/cache after your done playing on your ps4 that way the next time you exploit it, it will only take a few tries for it to work
The stability is going to vary from console to console so while it may be better for you, it is not for most others. The lower you are, the stabler you are is the general consensus.

MasterJ360

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The stability is going to vary from console to console so while it may be better for you, it is not for most others. The lower you are, the stabler you are is the general consensus.
Thats true, but the chances will always improve with a clean cache. Ive done this religiously on both of my hacked ps4's each different model and FW. Most ppl have trouble exploiting b/c they simply don't clear their cookies so it takes them 20+ tries. Another issue could be the host itself so it just a matter of finding out which ones have better results which usually have active devs updating them an such. Tho I cant speak on 7.55, but 7.02 isn't as bad everyone makes it out to be unless you need sleepmode.

Reactions: Tomato123

magico29

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd rather stay on a lower firmware with backports ,than to wrestle forever to get the JB to work on a higher firmware
They do not realize, ps4 has to be on rest mode after a successful JB and that's it. Like that they don't need to JB all the time. They always desperate to update to get the headache.

Reactions: ZeroT21

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
supposedly, the more graphic-intensive the host page, the higher probability of failure. though, the exploit itself is generally the same or close to it for all hosts. some try to improve it slightly, but it's marginal at best.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, Hey, VSauce. Where are your fingers?