Kurt117

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
hello :)
so i'm new to the psp scene and i have some questions......
first,should i install pro c-fix 3 or pro c2 cfw?
because i've heard that Pro C2 has some problems with psn psx games.

i was reading some guides on how to run FF Type-0 and it said we need Inferno driver to run the game and ME cfw already has it,what is exactly "inferno driver",i searched but couldn't find anything other than news about ME 6.60 cfw.

thanks in advance :)

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
i think pro c3 fix 2 was the one that ran psx games normally. fix 3 had some issues with (among others) final fantasy 7 and 9.

inferno driver is a iso driver setting which is also included in the pro firmwares which can be changed in the vhs menue (after installing firmware, hold select for a few seconds and let it go, then check the iso setting)

Reactions: Kurt117

Kurt117

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
i think pro c3 fix 2 was the one that ran psx games normally. fix 3 had some issues with (among others) final fantasy 7 and 9.

inferno driver is a iso driver setting which is also included in the pro firmwares which can be changed in the vhs menue (after installing firmware, hold select for a few seconds and let it go, then check the iso setting)
thanks for the reply........
is it possible to somehow run psx games on Pro C-2? (like using an extra plugin or something else)

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
i think c2 should generally work just as well when it comes to psx games. though between different custom firmwares, there've always been slight differences in compability. games like dragon quest 7 seem to work only on some and only on certain pops versions, and on others it works with a different pops version or not at all.

but c2 should work fine with all playstation network-version psx games.

FailName

░▒▓█▓▒░
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
C2 is the version that has problms with psn psx games, while they work fine in C-fix3. You also mentioned a C3 earlier, but I don't think that exists..?

There's an unofficial fix for C2 that fixes that problem. I've had problems with using popsloader, for certain non-psn games like dragon warrior 7 like you mentioned, with that version myself, so I went back to C-fix3, which I've had no problems with.

Reactions: Kurt117

Kurt117

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
i received my psp today and installed pro c2(the unofficial fixed version)at it works great.
thanks everyone for helping :)

drgnslayers

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i think c2 should generally work just as well when it comes to psx games. though between different custom firmwares, there've always been slight differences in compability. games like dragon quest 7 seem to work only on some and only on certain pops versions, and on others it works with a different pops version or not at all.

depends of the model of the psp. for models 1000, 2000 and the first 3000, all pops versions will work. for other model 3000 psp, pops versions 3.71 to 6 won't work. I don't know about PSP Go models

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Firefox users be like "look at what they have to do to mimic a fraction of our power."