Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
MrCooper said:
Is there such a way to "flash" a PSP 2001 w/o a pandora
Yes, launch a program that loads itself fully into into memory, then unassigns the flashes, formats them, and writes new contents. Hellcat's recovery flasher is generally the tool used, you can get "packs" for it to install various CFWs, but it comes with the ability to flash M33 by default. This can also be used to downgrade.

Of course it requires that your PSP is hacked in the first place to run, and will only flash fully-hackable PSPs.

steve-p

Trophies
XP
Country
has anybody tried playing UMDPG's / video-iso's?
does it work?
and if yes, do you still need a umd in the drive. (obviously not talking about the "go" here. )

G

geenlung

Slyakin said:
Excellentnuke said:
Is it worth it to use this instead of 6.20 TN-C?
Not really.

Well, actually, you could try and downgrade later.

I think it's worthwhile. Now I'm able to dump UMDs to my PC using the USB Device Select option (I have a 3k 4G and this wasn't possible on TN-C). I had some problems reading a few disks though (i.e. KH:BBS). I'll try to do a manual return to default settings and see if the problem is fixed.

Nobunaga

Empty
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
kiafazool said:
Elza said:
Excellentnuke said:
6.35 PRO-A is the best cfw so far it s better than TN-C
but not better than 6.20 TN-D
But 6.35 PRO-B will be
tongue.gif

kiafazool

OP
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada

SuicideBunny

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Elza said:
Excellentnuke said:
pro-a broke my all my legit psn games, wrongly showed one of my isos as corrupted and unable to start, and it has less plugin compatibility than 6.35 pro.
plus it simply dumps all the isos in your menu, cluttering it up and you can't get rid of it unless you downgrade (which is not an option on a 9g) or delete the files it creates in flash0 yourself (thank god that one worked).

as it is now it doesn't come anywhere near 6.35 pro with newest iso tool and psnlover and therefor also nowhere near tn-c.

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
Elza said:
M33 is still at the top, due to all games working, homebrew, plugins and best for POPS.
PRO-A is simply the worst current (semi)-CFW to date, even GEN tops PRO-A.

G

geenlung

lenselijer said:
try pro-a1 alot of bugs are fixed
smile.gif

Yep, it fixed the most annoying bug which was the failure to read physical UMDs. Also, I noticed that the PSP camera works with ISOs on PRO-A1. It doesn't work at all on TN-C. (I'm on a PSP3000 4G if anyone wanted to know)

Goli

RPG
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Right, so I want to play Tactics Ogre. Reports indicate it works on 6.35 PRO A2, I'm on Prometheus 4 using a fully hackable 2000.
If I upgrade to 6.35 PRO A2, I can still turn off my PSP fully and not lose the CFW, right?

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Whether it's not or not depends on the firmware, NOT the PSP model. If you're using one of the 6.x temporary firmwares, it's temporary no matter what PSP model.

The thing is later models can only use temporary, which is why they're associated with it, and earlier models can use permanent (which is often better), which is why they're associated with it.

lelekokun

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
well... I'm using the 6.35 PRO-A2 and it's working fine with most backups I have, I had problems with only two : Valkyrie Profile and Megam Man Maverick Hunter X.
I have a brand new PSP 3001, it came on 6.30 and I updated to 6.35.
when I used the 6.35 PRO with the prometheus ISo loader, I was able to play Mega Man, but i couldn't make Valkyrie profile work.
So I use the prometheus ISO Loader on 6.35 PRO-A2 when I wanna play mega man and it works fine.

btw, I'm pretty noob on PSP hacking so... if there's a way to make the Valkyrie profile Lenneth works... I'd appreciate to know...

SuicideBunny

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
lelekokun said:
well... I'm using the 6.35 PRO-A2 and it's working fine with most backups I have, I had problems with only two : Valkyrie Profile and Megam Man Maverick Hunter X.
I have a brand new PSP 3001, it came on 6.30 and I updated to 6.35.
when I used the 6.35 PRO with the prometheus ISo loader, I was able to play Mega Man, but i couldn't make Valkyrie profile work.
So I use the prometheus ISO Loader on 6.35 PRO-A2 when I wanna play mega man and it works fine.

btw, I'm pretty noob on PSP hacking so... if there's a way to make the Valkyrie profile Lenneth works... I'd appreciate to know...
6.30? grats on being stuck with a 9g, just like me.

did you try decrypting the eboot using isotools? if not, deinstall pro-a2 (simply deleting it won't get rid of the flash0 files), then grab 6.35 pro and isotools 1.966.
use isotools to make xmb icons out of your isos, so you don't need to start prom before running them, and with isos that refuse to run, use the decrypt eboot option (yes to version patch) before you make an icon for them. if they still don't start up (shouldn't ever happen) try using different driver mode (i think with isotools it was holding r trigger when selecting the icon to run the game).

you now have a pretty good pro-a substitute that runs more games, no need to separately run prometheus, and anything that refuses to run after those steps won't ever run for you.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Weird I have been playing MSU enhanced Genesis games for a while now lol