550 Error All FTP on Switch Latest ATM and Firmware

ghostormist

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello! I recently messed up my switch and had to format my SD card and start over. Everything is working fine besides FTP (Both sys ftp and the ftp app from the hb store). Can launch games, access HB menu etc. I can also access the SD card through usb. I just CANT access my switch through FTP. Keep getting 550 errors across all FTP software ive tried. I have changed permissions to read and write, I have done archive bit fixer. I have tried to use MacOS to access. Cant really think of a solution. If anyone has any advice let me know what I can do. Thank :)

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How did you reinstall everything? Did you use an All In One? (Wondering if maybe there is another improperly configured FTP process running already?) An easy way to find out would be to remove whatever FTP you’re trying and see if you can still connect.

Are you seeing the 550 on the client side while you’re trying to navigate? When trying to download or when trying to upload?

Are yiu certain you’re actually logging in? Maybe a screenshot would help…

Alsusee

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Which FTP server are you using on the Switch? Have you set the username and password up for the FTP server as you cannot leave it as annonymous due to security reasons

Deleted member 545975

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, and good day, ghostormist! May come handy, I am wanting to share about a webpage offering a reference document describing file transfer protocol one can use to implement software featuring, and status and error codes of:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/rfc959

In, the next two lines may be read at:
550 Requested action not taken.
File unavailable (e.g., file not found, no access).

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello! I recently messed up my switch and had to format my SD card and start over. Everything is working fine besides FTP (Both sys ftp and the ftp app from the hb store). Can launch games, access HB menu etc. I can also access the SD card through usb. I just CANT access my switch through FTP. Keep getting 550 errors across all FTP software ive tried. I have changed permissions to read and write, I have done archive bit fixer. I have tried to use MacOS to access. Cant really think of a solution. If anyone has any advice let me know what I can do. Thank :)
Try using Windows instead.

JayBae

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is your switch connected to the same network as your pc you're trying to connect to? I was dumb when I first tried to do FTP, I just simply overlooked the fact that my switch was connected to my wifi, but my PC was wired. XD

JayBae

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just make sure my pc and switch are both connected to my wifi, and use FileZilla to connect my switch and PC via FTP.

Deleted member 545975

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A device connected to a router via Wi-Fi, can be on the same network that a device connected to that router via Ethernet cable, and can be mutually reachable.

JayBae

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A device connected to a router via Wi-Fi, can be on the same network that a device connected to that router via Ethernet cable, and can be mutually reachable.
In my case, it wont work that way. XD they both need to be on wifi for some reason. See I thought that too! it just did not work the way I thought it would. Also I'm using a desktop FTP client, not sure if that makes a diff or not. It could be because of how my fiber internet is setup, I unno. My pc connects directly to me Ethernet port on my fiber internet box thingy, and my switch connects to a old linksys router I plugged into the fiber Internets box. being they aren't technically both on that old linksys router, is most likely why it wont connect when my pc is wired and the switch is using wifi. But when they are both connected to that old router via wifi, it works fine. XD

Last edited by JayBae,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: is gta v or call of duty still up?