• Replies 255
  • Likes 21

Enovale

Hey. I exist. Woo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The original idea for this was from @shamdul on the ReSwitched Discord. I helped him out on the Discord getting it working and then cleaned up the code a bit and added 4.x support. I've been using it for the past week to get into homebrew launcher on my Switch with no issues. All it does is load up the custom firmware with all the other functions of Hekate being striped out.

Download: https://github.com/Shmadul/hekate-ipl-50x/releases/tag/v1.0.2
Source Code: https://github.com/Shmadul/hekate-ipl-50x

Based on the awesome work of: naehrwert, and st4rk
Thanks to: derrek, nedwill, plutoo, shuffle2, smea, thexyz, yellows8, and LetsPlentendo
Greetings to: fincs, hexkyz, SciresM, Shiny Quagsire, and WinterMute
Open source and free packages used:
  • FatFs R0.13a (Copyright (C) 2017, ChaN)
  • bcl-1.2.0 (Copyright (c) 2003-2006 Marcus Geelnard)
gosh darnit :P

I was just about to implement splash screens into my payload.

ScarletDreamz

[Debug Mode]
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That is what Hekate and everyone else calls it. I could say it patches package1 to allow editing of package2 so that custom KIP1 blobs can be merged in to allow Homebrew Launcher to be loaded when the album is selected in the main menu or I could just say it loads Hekate's CFW.
Homebrew Enabler would be could.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Technically yes, but everyone calls it CFW.
Thanks for the reply! I'd prefer to explain to everyone the difference between a HEN and a CFW if I just told them that Hekate is a HEN not a CFW. I don't like spreading misinformation. But I'm also aware some end-users don't care so gotta pick my battles.

Reactions: lucks

link42586

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the reply! I'd prefer to explain to everyone the difference between a HEN and a CFW if I just told them that Hekate is a HEN not a CFW. I don't like spreading misinformation. But I'm also aware some end-users don't care so gotta pick my battles.
Let's be real...A HEN isn't A stock FW...it's custom..So A HEN in itself is A CFW. Please go and tell me how that is wrong. Since that is what I been seeing on the forums today..Alot of arguments. What's wrong with people getting angry today? lol people are crazy on here for some reason.

Upon second reading of your post I came to the conclusion u wasn't arguing it wasn't A CFW. My bad for inciting A potential riot. PEOPLE ARE CRAZY! lol

Last edited by link42586,
Reactions: thaikhoa

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: Switching my home routing/firewall solution from pfsense to OPNsense. Boy how I hate networking...