Sumea

Disco Ninja Frog
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Hey hey people.
I am just making a "Being extra sure" thread of question that is very likely silly and unneeded but very helpful for my ease of mind before I jump down.

I want to update to 5.5.2 but still retain homebrew and capability to boot CFW - I am not using ColdBoot Haxchi, but I have HaxChi installed over the free Kawashima's Brain Training I got during the first DS virtual console launch time frame. As I understand 5.5.2 changed very little and biggest change was just the browser, and as I know all homebrew still out there functions the same on 5.5.2, Haxchi does as well, and there is a browser hack being developed for 5.5.2 anyway.

There isn't any incompatibilities that I do not know of, I hope.

Why I want to update? I am essentially using my one Wii U as the one and only, even though I have two consoles (one gamepad, videos out in your favorite German site soon). - I own lots of legit games, still would enjoy legit online of Mario Maker and other games I have, and just be updated, as far as it won't block my homebrew dreams out. So I very much would like to be on actual 5.5.2 instead of spoofing or anything, if it will not harm any of my other things.

mrjezbud

Trophies
XP
Country
Use the spoof which is mentioned in the guides here. It will update your system but the browser will remain intact. then you always have a backup incase you lose haxchi

Reactions: KiiWii

Chakratos

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Haxchi will stay and work properly.
I updated with CBHC installed and everything is like it was before.

Worst case: you need to use the new browserhax to install haxchi again.

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Use the spoof which is mentioned in the guides here. It will update your system but the browser will remain intact. then you always have a backup incase you lose haxchi
Im sorry but you are 100% wrong spoofing is pointless as the only thing that was changed in the new update was the browser exploit if the op spoofs the system they still can't access the eshop unless they update or use nnu patcher. If they stay on 5.5.1 they can still access the eshop again using nnu patcher they can still play online they can still update games when new updates for the games come out again running nnu patcher they can still access Miiverse ect they gain fuck all by spoofing. Also they could simply go ahead and just do a full update anyway as haxchi works perfectly on 5.5.2 as does all homebrew and heck there is even a new browser exploit for it anyway.

Sumea

Disco Ninja Frog
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Im sorry but you are 100% wrong spoofing is pointless as the only thing that was changed in the new update was the browser exploit if the op spoofs the system they still can't access the eshop unless they update or use nnu patcher. If they stay on 5.5.1 they can still access the eshop again using nnu patcher they can still play online they can still update games when new updates for the games come out again running nnu patcher they can still access Miiverse ect they gain fuck all by spoofing. Also they could simply go ahead and just do a full update anyway as haxchi works perfectly on 5.5.2 as does all homebrew and heck there is even a new browser exploit for it anyway.
Yeah.
For me NNUpatcher has for one reason failed at times in updates etc so I want those in normal way as it just usually is easier and so on.

Yeah if the spoof is not good enough I will not even bother it, I want to be on 5.5.2 because for most part I have been and still am a legit customer with my Wii U; but my main Wii U became also my very modded and game filled Wii U when it is easier to use one console instead of two, especially with one gamepad, not even German videography can make it appealing to do, trust me, only good another Wii U is for is lending to a friend without one and BOTW.

And yeah I just needed a confirmation that there has not been a finding like - I dunno, quake for Wii U does not function which would make me think but not stop me now (cuz I am having such a good time, I'm having a ball).

Very offtopic; but I feel conflicted having a switch yet I have very much games, purchased games even that I still have to play on Wii U.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Julie_Pilgrim @ Julie_Pilgrim:
    the internet
  • Julie_Pilgrim @ Julie_Pilgrim:
    @Psionic Roshambo i have 16 gb in my pc and i run into issues with ram more than i'd like to admit
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    I got only 8GB of RAM. But I want 32GB.
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Time to just download more ram
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah search Google
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Or, I also heard that if you use flash memory, it can act as more "RAM" at least windows tell me when I stick a flash drive into it.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It can act as a swap drive but that isn't more RAM, it's slooow.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I wish we could have 1Gbps external storage by now
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Like for micro
  • Veho @ Veho:
    New Myoo.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, Yooo noice
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Looks like a Famicom handheld
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah, they were going for that.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not very good though.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I'm watching the review, the emulators it uses suck bawls.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Software update might improve it.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Or maybe someone will make like Emulation Station for it or something?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    That counts as a software update :tpi:
    +1
  • OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20:
    Ello
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I can think of the design teams process another joystick and no audio or a joystick and mono audio
  • Veho @ Veho:
    "You think we can just put the speakers at the top
    ?" "NO!"
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Pft stereo speakers you're fired
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Pft stereo speakers you're fired +1