Hacking 5.5.2 FIRMWARE

Omer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm currently on 5.5.1 fw hacked used haxchi ,
what will happen if I update the firmware to 5.5.2 ? can I still play all wii u games ? will I need to hack the wii u again ?
sorry if that question is dumb !

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
do you think that now that the wii U is dead it will be fully blown open someday?
It's pretty much "blown open" already. The only thing missing is a pretty active homebrew/modding community. As for piracy itself, we get everything we want.

Reactions: naddel81

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
but we still need a buggy entry point on 5.5.2 to get access.
We have it though. There is a 5.5.2 webkit exploit that is perfectly functional. Maybe just less relliable compared to the 5.5.1 entrypoint, but that is good enough to install HAXCHI afterward.

Naster

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
I have the same issue. 5.5.1, Haxchi, no CBHC. So, just remove update blocker, update and that's all?

upd.: Did it. Everything works fine.

Last edited by Naster,

gutoblauth

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Just update it, it safe...
Simple search here or ask on discord or whatever and you can find the answer, don't need new threads for that

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is no reason to update to 5.5.2, but if you have Haxchi or CBHC, then there's also no reason not to update to 5.5.2. If you depend on the browser exploit, then updating to 5.5.2 is not recommended.

Omer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
so I
There is no reason to update to 5.5.2, but if you have Haxchi or CBHC, then there's also no reason not to update to 5.5.2. If you depend on the browser exploit, then updating to 5.5.2 is not recommended.
The reason is to play super mario maker or splatoon online or to access to e-shop

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The reason is to play super mario maker or splatoon online or to access to e-shop
You can play games online using 5.5.1, so that's no reason to update. You can access the eShop by running NNU-Patcher beforehand, so that's no reason to update.

Reactions: Omer

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Push it :creep: