Hacking 5.5.0 progress

Ratatapa

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Dumb question, i'm on 5.5.0 atm, and changed my DNS to tubehax so it doesn'T update, and i'll patiently wait for some hax but my question is simple

Is there a way atm to update my WIIU games, without having to update my WIIU firmware?

Like Super Mario Maker has an update but it wants me to update my system FW first

Thanks

davetheshrew

Trophies
XP
Country
Dumb question, i'm on 5.5.0 atm, and changed my DNS to tubehax so it doesn'T update, and i'll patiently wait for some hax but my question is simple

Is there a way atm to update my WIIU games, without having to update my WIIU firmware?

Like Super Mario Maker has an update but it wants me to update my system FW first

Thanks
not yet, needs kexploit first, also this isnt a Q&A thread.

davetheshrew

Trophies
XP
Country
he could refer to the first post of pretty much all exploit threads

So, for now we only have an exploit named 'userland' (also called userspace or webkit), which means things such as TCPGecko, Loadiine Cafeiine or anything with -iine can't be launched on 5.5.0 at the moment, you need a kernel exploit for this so if you are on 5.5.0, I suggest you to not update!

Deleted member 371699

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
IMO the "CURRENTLY WORKING ON 5.5.0" green is fine, it's just the second line in the OP that's the issue. I'd suggest changing that to the "CURRENTLY WORKING ON 5.5.0"'s green. :3

EDIT: A lot of this is really just back and forthing though. It's hard to find colours that balance well between light and dark themes, so I'll try and help out.

#00b300 : This Green works well for both light and dark themes.
#3886ff : This Blue works well for both light and dark themes. The one used for "How to host the exploit files locally" and "How to compile your homebrews" doesn't work too well for dark theme.

Your red is fine :P

Try to keep the colours consistent to those three colours and you should have a nice, pretty OP that works on both themes.

Last edited by Deleted member 371699,

Ratatapa

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey, at least you don't need them cryptofixed anymore.

he could refer to the first post of pretty much all exploit threads

So, for now we only have an exploit named 'userland' (also called userspace or webkit), which means things such as TCPGecko, Loadiine Cafeiine or anything with -iine can't be launched on 5.5.0 at the moment, you need a kernel exploit for this so if you are on 5.5.0, I suggest you to not update!
Where else could he possibly ask?

My question was if there was a way to update games without updating the wiiu firmware

pwsincd

Garage Flower
Developer
Trophies
XP
www.wiiubru.com ive been messing around some more tonight , thought this may be of use to some , ill add features anyone requests or am open to ideas , it is a basic 5.5.0 only page at the mo , no kernel links i need the files to host and a tester for 5.4.0.. currently functions with D-pad navigation and A button to launch.. will add touch sometime. any thoughts...

all the current links are from the OP here and will host when i get them.

Reactions: KiiWii
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
www.wiiubru.com ive been messing around some more tonight , thought this may be of use to some , ill add features anyone requests or am open to ideas , it is a basic 5.5.0 only page at the mo , no kernel links i need the files to host and a tester for 5.4.0.. currently functions with D-pad navigation and A button to launch.. will add touch sometime. any thoughts...

all the current links are from the OP here and will host when i get them.
You should probably add support for the analog stick. I know for a fact you can track its position, I don't know how hard it would be for you to implement though. ;) https://gbatemp.net/threads/release...r-utility-support-for-fws-2-0-0-5-5-0.410453/

Last edited by lonemoonHD,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lmao now I can live the life of Juan...