Hacking 5.01 exploit PoC

Saaqi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Pakistan
Apparently vultra does have a 5.01 kernel dump some other hackers have access to full on 5.01 kernel exploit .

If xvortex or the holy grail guy has access to it we just might see a [emoji215] running around.

076585c85745ff0dc3d4c950dbf901d0.jpg

Last edited by Saaqi,

Denisuu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Vultra posted on twitter that he has a 5.01 kexploit (or strongly inplies it)

Just to quote, 5.00 Kernel dump was leaked. Not 5.01 Kernel Dumped. and the only way to get the kernel dump from 5.01 is to dump it your self

so anything you hear from @LightningMods_ is just stupid.
@frwololo @PS3NewsDOTcom

UltramanMHA

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Last edited by UltramanMHA,

Saaqi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Pakistan
A lot of people have 5.01 k exploit that is a fact. Why no one is sharing is the real question. What is stopping them.

All the bugs and exploits have been patched on both Sony and Apple devices.

Also homebrew is. Booming with @cfwprophet s release of unity plugin and many other emulators etc. @RetroGamer_74 just open sourced all the tools he had to make homebrew.

So now the only reason I can think of is that they don't want to share the exploit. Nothing we can do about that.

Sent from my LG-F320K using Tapatalk

RetroGamer_74

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Just to tell cfwprophet didn't release anything for Unity :) He doesn't use Unity. I'm the one using Unity. He provided me the needed code, which is part of his own libHB (lib homebrew), to develop a Unity Plugin that I built to escalate the privileges of the Unity App running in the Home Screen to root.

My goal was provide to scene developers several templates to start developing apps. So one of them is an Emulator ( GB ) with also a file browsing with scroll management, and trackpad and gamepad controlled.
Second app is a media player, based on an existing sample, with a file manager. Both of them with the Unjail feature.
Also I released the library plugin for Unity, and the full source code to be compiled using Visual Studio with C++/C support.

Here I released everything with full source code:
github . com/RetroGamer74/PS4_Developing_Homebrew_Unity

Go developers, goooo!!!! :)

Best regards.

Saaqi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Pakistan
My bad it was an honest mistake. Thank you @RetroGamer_74 and @cfwprophet for all your hard work.
Just to tell cfwprophet didn't release anything for Unity :) He doesn't use Unity. I'm the one using Unity. He provided me the needed code, which is part of his own libHB (lib homebrew), to develop a Unity Plugin that I built to escalate the privileges of the Unity App running in the Home Screen to root.

My goal was provide to scene developers several templates to start developing apps. So one of them is an Emulator ( GB ) with also a file browsing with scroll management, and trackpad and gamepad controlled.
Second app is a media player, based on an existing sample, with a file manager. Both of them with the Unjail feature.
Also I released the library plugin for Unity, and the full source code to be compiled using Visual Studio with C++/C support.

Here I released everything with full source code:
github . com/RetroGamer74/PS4_Developing_Homebrew_Unity

Go developers, goooo!!!! :)

Best regards.

Denisuu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Seems like LightningMods and Zer0xFF don't believe that he does though. Zer0xFF actually said that Vultra's coding could be done without a 5.01 Kernal Dump.

There also seems to be a potentially promising exploit lead that has come to Zer0xFF and SmugNia's attention.

https://twitter.com/Zer0xFF/status/993964627951280128
https://twitter.com/ed_maste/status/993911267474771969

In the Discord chanel zecoxao and Zer0xFF talked about a lot of stuff I didn't understand and that Flatz said the exploit is useless on retail... Or I missunderstood...

Need For Speed Payback also seems to have been dumped by the same Russian that did Horizon Zero Dawn... If he will start doing games like God of War, the need for a 4.55+ exploit will become less... Since then there's no disadvantage of being on 4.55

Last edited by Denisuu,

Saaqi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Pakistan
@RetroGamer_74 since we have your attention do you think it will ever happen? Will they release the exploit in the near future or should we just move on?

Just your opinion i am not asking for anything specific just your thought on the subject

RetroGamer_74

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Really don't know dudes. From one point of view, I don't understand what are they waiting for, but on the other hand I enjoy the homebrew and I pay for my games, in fact I use a second PS4 in 5.53-1 and I bought God Of War 1 week ago. So probably my point of view about the hack is not the one expected by many others. But a hack is hack, and each one uses as he wants.

The only choice..... wait. :(

Good luck!!

Denisuu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
@KiiWii Yea you're right NFS payback, I corrected my post! You're DefaultDNB on PS3hax and discord right?

It would be already awesome to have a way to play disc games without having to update :P Because I would love to buy God of War but I can't play it without updating...

Reactions: KiiWii

RetroGamer_74

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Apparently 4.7x game has been dumped... not sure how legit it is.....

Was it NFS Payback? @Denisuu

There is a hack 5.01 in some hands. So that game can be dumped. If the game doesn't need any special function from the above firmware version required, you can do a spoof in the binary data ( eboot.bin ) and find the hexadecimal string of the firmware ( ex: 4.70 ) and change it to 4.55. This is a spoof. When PS4 tries to run the game it believes the game requires 4.55, which is correct for our actual firmware version. Once here, if the game hasn't got any special SDK requirement of the above version, the game will run in the lower one.

Cheers.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

@KiiWii Yea you're right NFS payback, I corrected my post! You're DefaultDNB on PS3hax and discord right?

It would be already awesome to have a way to play disc games without having to update :P Because I would love to buy God of War but I can't play it without updating...

You're right. And that's exactly the point makes great the Switch scene. You will have the best of both worlds. :)

Reactions: Darksabre72

Denisuu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
You're right. And that's exactly the point makes great the Switch scene. You will have the best of both worlds. :)

Right now I'm having the worst of both worlds :P I can't play recent retail games because I'm not on latest fw and I can't do anything else because I'm above 4.55 haha.
Luckily I'm still having a lot of fun from my NES classic!

Reactions: KiiWii

Shah Isah

Trophies
XP
Country
The PS4 Scene is stingy. There's nothing more to say about it. It doesn't share or distribute as openly as the Nintendo scene does. That's absolute butt.

furry

Trophies
XP
Country
France
A new possibility of Kexploit may be used, refer to Zer0xFF's tweet:
mobile#twitter#com/Zer0xFF/status/993964627951280128
(# = .)
This feat was revealed the May 8 (so could be used for the last versions of the PS4). It works on all x86 architectures (PS4 use X86 too), and on all versions of FreeBSD. If an update is available, don't do it because a patch was released after that. (Of course it's just speculation right now but with a high possible work because all OS are affected practically, Ubuntu, Suse etc...)

UltramanMHA

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
In the Discord chanel zecoxao and Zer0xFF talked about a lot of stuff I didn't understand and that Flatz said the exploit is useless on retail... Or I missunderstood...

Need For Speed Payback also seems to have been dumped by the same Russian that did Horizon Zero Dawn... If he will start doing games like God of War, the need for a 4.55+ exploit will become less... Since then there's no disadvantage of being on 4.55
Ahh, I see. Well that's a crying shame. Hopefully things will pick-up soon in terms of Kexploit opportunites.

A new possibility of Kexploit may be used, refer to Zer0xFF's tweet:
mobile#twitter#com/Zer0xFF/status/993964627951280128
(# = .)
This feat was revealed the May 8 (so could be used for the last versions of the PS4). It works on all x86 architectures (PS4 use X86 too), and on all versions of FreeBSD. If an update is available, don't do it because a patch was released after that. (Of course it's just speculation right now but with a high possible work because all OS are affected practically, Ubuntu, Suse etc...)

Already mentioned - Refer to Denisuu's post.

Last edited by UltramanMHA,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/PRMX5mX-hvs?si=JdjNrndYJ7PelC7q