Hacking 5.01 exploit PoC

AxlSt00pid

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Yup, can confirm the new tool release has options for firmwares 4.55, 5.0 and 5.01
upload_2018-4-10_22-26-5.png

tunip3

[debugger active]
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yes please :)

I think I understand that eappx can be sideloaded?
Eappx cannot be sideloaded to Xbox one unlike appx and it's purpose is to make my life a living hell but no seriously the purpose of eappx is to have an encrypted payload (encrypted appx) one of the problems with the appx standard was you could take usable data from it like the models music and game code by treating it as a zip though you don't get ALLL the data

D

Deleted-445401

Iirc 5.05's exploit is different from 5.01's one
and 5.00 and 5.01 both share the same exploit
that seem right
but i remember a member named NeoSlyde
post a pic that show his conversation with
mathieu hervais and mathieu said they are port 5.01 exploit to 5.05
they work on 5.01 and when 5.05 webkit released they port everything to 5.05
can anyone confram this?

Reactions: peteruk

TheRealNGB

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
that seem right
but i remember a member named NeoSlyde
post a pic that show his conversation with
mathieu hervais and mathieu said they are port 5.01 exploit to 5.05
they work on 5.01 and when 5.05 webkit released they port everything to 5.05
can anyone confram this?

That information would at least be nice to know, I mean if you actually want people to use the exploit, the difference between having to spend a couple of hundred dollars, as is currently the case with most people, does make a difference. Personally if 5.05 doesn't drop, i'm not going to sit threw another year of this drama, and fake news, and will just fork over the money!

AxlSt00pid

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Are you able to expand upon what you know any further ? For example has any kind of time line been mentioned on possible releases ?

Thanks
No, I don't know any approximate release date, I'm not a dev nor a friend of any dev :P
I do think it's coming soon enough though

D

Deleted-445401

a member of gbatemp named NeoSlyde has conversation with mathieu hervais who in the same team as qwertyoruiop ans specterdev about 5.05 exploit i post the pic below
https://imgur.com/a/ii0Vw
he said they port everything to 5.05
my guess is 5.01 and 5.05 exploit are same and by 5.01 they mean 5.01-5.05 exploit
but im not sure
if anyone has information about exploit please share with us:D:D

leonmagnus99

Trophies
XP
Country
Iraq
if anyone has information about exploit please share with us:D:D
from the way that conversation looks with that mathielux guy, it seems like a couple of those hackers do hold the kex up to fw 5.05 and they could release them for the public by tonight or tomorrow or never if they like.

its in their hands.
i think itd be best if no one begged for anything and they might then more likely feel like letting those kex swim in for all of us.

D

Deleted-445401

i have another
4.05 exploit drop at 27 december
two month later 4.55 exploit drop at 27 feb
and now two month passed
and next exploit must drop at 27 april
sound crazy but if happen
this year become sony worst year

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
i have another
4.05 exploit drop at 27 december
two month later 4.55 exploit drop at 27 feb
and now two month passed
and next exploit must drop at 27 april
sound crazy but if happen
this year become sony worst year

Interesting theory.

I was looking for patterns to predict the next update being released, because that would mean the PSN keys would be changed (most likely) and the sploit would be good for offline only, however if sploit isnt patched out it wont be released.

Last edited by KiiWii,

TheRealNGB

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Interesting theory.

I was looking for patterns to predict the next update being released, because that would mean the PSN keys would be changed (most likely) and the sploit would be good for offline only, however if sploit isnt patched out it wont be released.

As far as I am aware, the keys were changed in 5.05 (qwerty stated the keys changed, but the resigning process had not), and all previous kernel exploits were patched in 5.50 (qwerty states he does not have a 5.50 kernel exploit, and doesn't intend to find one soon)

Than there is the rumor that 5.05 kernel exploit also has the ability to hack IOS and won't be released until apple patches it, but I haven't seen anything solid confirming that to be true!

Last edited by TheRealNGB,
D

Deleted-445401

As far as I am aware, the keys were changed in 5.05 (qwerty stated the keys changed, but the resigning process had not), and all previous kernel exploits were patched in 5.50 (qwerty states he does not have a 5.50 kernel exploit, and doesn't intend to find one soon)

Than there is the rumor that 5.05 kernel exploit also has the ability to hack IOS and won't be released until apple patches it, but I haven't seen anything solid confirming that to be true!
hello
keys were changed in 5.05 but resigning process had not.
this is good thing or bad thing?
i mean make easier for 5.05 jailbreak or not
thank you for sharing your information with us:)

TheRealNGB

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hello
keys were changed in 5.05 but resigning process had not.
this is good thing or bad thing?
i mean make easier for 5.05 jailbreak or not
thank you for sharing your information with us:)

Actually my mistake, it was vpikhur that stated 5.05 keys were changed for the rest mode kernel, honestly I don't know how it differs, or would impact devs willingness to release anything, we do know qwerty has confirmed having a 5.05 exploit though, and Mathieulh showed 5.01 working (later deleted) so I would think it safe to say it is possible/exists.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    T @ Texasauras: SOLILOQUY