4gb or 8gb......hmmmm

Discussion in 'EDGE' started by JinTrigger, Dec 12, 2008.

Dec 12, 2008

4gb or 8gb......hmmmm by JinTrigger at 2:03 AM (1,559 Views / 0 Likes) 8 replies

1. JinTrigger
    OP

Member JinTrigger Asentrix Studios

United States
    So I'm bout to sell my R4 and get me an EDGE. Since my SD card broke and I don't feel like getting it replaced I feel since I'm upgrading on Flash carts I should up my memory capacity....But what size should I get. I mean four gigs is enough memory for me....I filled up my 2gig no prob but I don't think I'll have that many games to fill up a 4gig, but should I go ahead and get 8gig just in case because now that I think of it I will be using this same card with the Homebrew channel on my Wii, but I could hold all those files and my DS games and a good amount of music on my 2gig....So i guess my real question here is should I save money with the 4gig or just go all out with the 8gig just in case (because I know I won't be able to fill a 8gig with Ds games and Wii stuff alone)

2. gk.7

Member gk.7 GBAtemp Regular

Mexico
    If you just wanna do games, trust me, you wont need more than for. If you wanna put movies and/or music go for the 8gb. Try to look what you future will be. Personally, id get an 8 just because that way you wont have to worry if ur 4gb gets full and then have to carry another memory risking that you may lose it (since they are super small). Agan... thats just ME... [​IMG]

3. toastert2003

Member toastert2003 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Isn't there a 2gb SD capacity limit on the wii?

I could be wrong about that, but you might want to look into that.

4. JinTrigger
    OP

United States
    @gk.7
    Good point so I guess I should get the 8 because I might get movies (i may use it for mp3s but thats only if my Zune goes kaput...so thats something i got to look into). Thanks for the insight

@toastert
    I really didnt think it was a limit............

5. thesaint08

Newcomer thesaint08 Advanced Member

United Kingdom
    I also thought that the Wii had a 2GB limit.

I haven't tried a larger card, so can't be certain though.

6. Maz7006

Member Maz7006 iSEXu

Lebanon
    Go for a 8GB, when i has my 2 GB i went for the 4 GB and i thought that would be enough, but i guess i was wrong, so to be on the safe side go for the 8GB

7. toastert2003

Member toastert2003 GBAtemp Regular

United States

Jin, I'm nearly certain, on most 'normal' homebrewing on the Wii, 2gb is the absolute max card size allowed, I have read about "The Homebrew Channel" itself, now allowing SDHC, but not if your looking to use them from channels outside of the absolute latest HBC. For example, if you had a Wiigator channel (not running the .dol from sd) you would be limited still by the Ninty 2gb max allowed.

8. JinTrigger
    OP

United States
    @toast
    Ah.....Well I probably won't use my Wii like that so I'll buy the Wii its on SD card

I decided to go 4gb because I'll be getting a PSP and I'll be using that for my movies and mp3 so the PSP will recieve the 8gb

9. jesterscourt

Member jesterscourt Not Brad.

United States
    8 gig microSDHC is now $16 w/free shipping on NewEgg if you are US resident. I can't wait till the 32s come out, and then we'll be able to get the 16 gigs for a similar price. And just to think I bought my 4 gig around a year ago for $25!