Hacking Self host from wiiu any size sd card(fully self contained)

mac033

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1. Purchase
zsun® WiFi Memory Card Reader TF MicroSD USB Flash Drive for PC Phone
Code:
http://www.amazon.com/zsun-Memory-Reader-MicroSD-Flash/dp/B00U70J1BM?ie=UTF8&psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00

2. Flash Openwrt using this tutorial
Code:
https://wiki.hackerspace.pl/projects:zsun-wifi-card-reader:factory-update

3. log on to openwrt ssid then goto 192.168.1.1 in browser and set password

4.upload exploit payload files to /www folder using winscp

I recommend this fantastic payload mod uploaded by @redatim : https://gbatemp.net/threads/self-hosted-payloads-with-only-static-html.425159/

1.)download winscp

2.)use pc sign in to zsun wifi

3.)create new site in winscp with these settings:
use openwrt address as hostname (mines default at 192.168.1.1)
use port 22
scp protocol
username should be "root"
password is whatever u set as web interface password

4.)click your new site and then connect

5.)you should now see the contents of the zsun internal memory in like a ftp structure
you can copy and paste where ever you want

6. edit out https info in /etc/config/uhttpd

7.unplug zsun from pc and attach to wii u

8. logon to zsun wifi from wii u

8.goto 192.168.1.1/whatevruset.html or .mp4

9.PROFIT??

I can say, that I originally tried to install openwrt via the web browser, but I always got a status return of -2. I couldn't figure out what that status meant, but the firmware didn't take. So I did the more direct commands to update like this tutorial shows.

http://www.coyne.nu/blog/2016/01/31/installing-openwrt-on-the-zsun-wifi-card-reader-from-windows/

Writing to the mtd2 resulting in an out of memory error, and I for sure thought I bricked the device. But it did boot up with openwrt :-)

How to setup the szun to be a client and AP. This is so you can get php installed and any other packages you want:

https://wiki.openwrt.org/doc/recipes/ap_sta

When setting up the sta client. My main network is WPA2
which results in:
option encryption psk2
WPA by itself is just psk

After you get internet access install php with these commands

opkg update
opkg list php*
opkg install php5 php5-cgi

Then add this into the uhttpd file in the /etc/config section.

list interpreter '.php=/usr/bin/php-cgi'

After you verify php is good, revert the changes you made in https://wiki.openwrt.org/doc/recipes/ap_sta

I did mess around with the zsun alot before I put openwrt on. The device itself already supports php by default. There are actually two webservers running. I tftp'd the files needed for the exploit across for lighthttp, but the device was inconsistent in serving the files. Openwrt has made things much more reliable.

So far i have been thoroughly impressed with this device. i took a chance and the reliability, the flexibility providing sd compatibility, as well as the form factor and cost have made the zsun® WiFi Memory Card Reader a very viable all in one solution to the web hosting aspect of the Wii U exploit.

Thanks to everyone involved in the creation of the exploits, loadiine, HBL, and all others for making my Wii U interesting again!

*special shout out to @citrus3000psi, @lordelan, @redatim and everyone else who contributed to this short tutorial.

Last edited by mac033,

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Very nice! Pretty cool. I took my wii u with me on vacation and this would have been very nice to have! Instead I had to use my phone's hotspot to connect my laptop and my wii u to the same network then self host from the laptop. This would have been much easier

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
This is exactly the solution I was looking for! Thanks! :)
Would you mind if I translate this for a german forum as well (giving you credit of course and linking here)?

Edit: Ordered. Should arrive before may 14th. Can't wait. Hope it works like you promised. :P

Last edited by lordelan,

CableLeecher

640K ought to be enough for anyone
Trophies
EARTH | SOL-SYSTEM | SECTOR 001 | ALPHA QUADRANT
XP
Country
Gambia, The
it's useless that it works with any sd-card size as long as we don't have USB Storage access.
Why would some1 put for example a sd-card larger than 1gb just for hosting if the exploit only takes a few MB's? and the rest of the card can't be used as no USB support is given yet?
Whenever something like IOSU exploit will be available, everybody will use an USB-HDD anyways...

Loadiine just supports SD-Card for the moment, so the more useful option is to use the ez Share WiFi SD Adapter which at least let you use 32GB MicroSDs and works without any extra device directly in the Wii-U SD-Slot. Selfhosting and game-backup on the same sd-card.
Much more sexy in my point of view...

@KiiWii and myself are using it without the need to mess around with OpenWRT etc.
It just works right out of the box.

Cheers :grog:

Last edited by CableLeecher,
Reactions: KiiWii

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
it's useless that it works with any sd-card size as long as we don't have USB Storage access.
Why would some1 put for example a sd-card larger than 1gb just for hosting if the exploit only takes a few MB's? and the rest of the card can't be used as no USB support is given yet?
Whenever something like IOSU exploit will be available, everybody will use an USB-HDD anyways...

Loadiine just supports SD-Card for the moment, so the more useful option is to use the ez Share WiFi SD Adapter which at least let you use 32GB MicroSDs and works without any extra device directly in the Wii-U SD-Slot. Selfhosting and game-backup on the same sd-card.
Using the EZ Share Wifi SD Adapter is of limited benefit. Also using Micro SD cards is not as good as using "real" SD cards for Loadiine as stated sometimes here.
So hosting the exploits for Kernel and Loadiine still needs a PC or Android device.
I ordered one of these small sticks now. I have loads of 1 GB mSD cards from old phones flying around here so it won't do me any harm to "waste" one of the "only a few MB's" small exploit. So I just take the Wii U and have everything on it. PLUS: I think if I put a larger mSD card in there it can be used by USB Loader GX in vWii mode since it's an USB stick after all.

Last edited by lordelan,

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom

@KiiWii and myself are using it without the need to mess around with OpenWRT etc.

Agreed, however it will be useful when USB compatibility is added to loadiine in future.

Right now the SD wifi method is compact, fool proof, and simple drag and drop!

:grog:

EDIT : @lordelan
So hosting the exploits for Kernel and Loadiine still needs a PC or Android device.
The exploit exists on selfhost SD card so no need for laptop other than to transfer games to SD card.

Last edited by KiiWii,
Reactions: CableLeecher

CableLeecher

640K ought to be enough for anyone
Trophies
EARTH | SOL-SYSTEM | SECTOR 001 | ALPHA QUADRANT
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Using the EZ Share Wifi SD Adapter is of limited benefit. Also using Micro SD cards is not as good as using "real" SD cards for Loadiine as stated sometimes here.
I ordered one of these small sticks now. I have loads of 1 GB mSD cards from old phones flying around here so it won't do me any harm to "waste" one of the "only a few MB's" small exploit. So I just take the Wii U and have everything on it. PLUS: I think if I put a larger mSD card in there it can be used by USB Loader GX in vWii mode since it's an USB stick after all.

Sorry but it's total nonsense that microsd have a disadvantage to normal sd's.
We had this discussion several times already. the package size has nothing to do with speed/performance etc.

See past discussion about this here: https://gbatemp.net/posts/6147777/

Why are people spreading the same old wrong rumors over and over again?
The Wii-Us SD-Slot is physically limited to 25Mb/sec every sd-card with class 10 can easily provide enought throughput to achive this.
The only difference in loading speed is how the card-internal controller handles cluster sizes larger than 32k which is at the time a keyfeature of SanDisk Cards which handle 64k much better and faster than most other vendors cards...

Last edited by CableLeecher,

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Okay then my knowledge is outdated. Sorry for confusion. :)
What's left is the fact that I experienced micro SD cards are dying far more often than SD cards.
That's what not only I have experienced but my mother, my girlfriend and a buddy of mine as well, no matter from which brand although I've gotta say I'm using a Samsung 64 GB micro SD in my smartphone for 4 years know which is still working perfectly.

However, I ordered the zsun WiFi stick because I can use it for USB Loader GX and vWii emuNAND as well (I hope so) so I'm gonna be happy with it. :)

panther666

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia

How can i use my 128gb card with ezShare?
it isn't difficult to spend 10 minutes and write openwrt to zsun...
I have big restriction with ezShare and cards and no restrictions with usb wifi.

Reactions: lordelan

mac033

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is exactly the solution I was looking for! Thanks! :)
Would you mind if I translate this for a german forum as well (giving you credit of course and linking here)?

Edit: Ordered. Should arrive before may 14th. Can't wait. Hope it works like you promised. :P

no problemo! no worries posting elsewhere. it did take a while setting it up for me, as i knew nothing about openwrt, but i think i can find my way aroumd now so if you need any help after arrival let me know.

on a side note an sd is not required IN the zsun as it has 16mb onboard flash memory (plenty for server/exploit content

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
no problemo! no worries posting elsewhere. it did take a while setting it up for me, as i knew nothing about openwrt, but i think i can find my way aroumd now so if you need any help after arrival let me know.

on a side note an sd is not required IN the zsun as it has 16mb onboard flash memory (plenty for server/exploit content
But it is attachable if I want, right? :)

mac033

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have not actually ill try it now 4u

heres what i found:

1. wiiu can & will see sd inserted in zsun

2. zsun must boot prior to sd being read

3. if inserted at boot time u have time to launch vwii or browser b4 sd reads

4.for some reason i dont always get nag?(have no idea why)

i dont have vwii homebrew installed atm ill try to find a smaller sd and report back later

Last edited by mac033,

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Thank you! :)
I'll make some tests as well when my treasure arrives. Using it for USB Loader GX and vWii emuNAND as well as Wii U exploits and with micro sd cards of any size would be the big deal compared to EZ WiFi cards.

mac033

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
my setup is:

64gb sd in wiiu sd slot,
zsun wifi in front usb with no sd
5.4.0 spoofed to 5.5.1
wifi connected to zsun

side note
boot time of wiiu is almost the same as zsun if i click browser asap itll pick up wifi and load kernel within about a second and a half

Last edited by mac033,
Reactions: CUNTStubbleDribble

mac033

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hi im a noob and following to the flash the zsun usb and i am stuck on this step "Create .update directory on Zsun SMB/Windows Share (on Windows call it .update., don't ask why - it'll work) and copy SD100-openwrt.tar.gz" dont understand the "Zsun SMB/Windows Share" part. please help ;(

open your desktop in file explorer ,
right click on my computer,
goto map network drive
select a drive letter
type \\zsun\public as folder path
that should allow you to access the directory

side note i noticed when u create the ".update" folder the device will rename the folder. copy the update file to this folder an it will work

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Have a nice day. Life. Week. Month. year.