Hacking (4.x only) CIA CFW Complete Guide

samiam144

Régulier
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I imagine that only cia's of games that normally run on 4.5 may work, but newer games won't work? For example, you can't install/run a smash bros cia or pokemon ORAS cia?

taha1990

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I imagine that only cia's of games that normally run on 4.5 may work, but newer games won't work? For example, you can't install/run a smash bros cia or pokemon ORAS cia?

Any game that need 8.xx firmware wont work even if you spoofed it
You can install them but they wont run it will give you a black screen or hang at the start up logo

Arkansaw

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Trinidad and Tobago
I don't have enough space on the sd card to put the cia installer, but I have a spare sd card. Is there anytime I can try to swap the SD card and install the cia file that way?

NeoRegia

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
on the net there are few websites that are sharing some properly cracked stuff in format of cia files ready to install on cfw. I can confirm that pokemon y (7.2.0) downloaded from one of this websites is working fine on cfw 4.5. I cant link anything on forum but google knows where to look ;)

ChrisX930

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I can boot into the CFW, however, after ~10 seconds, whenever I scroll over icons in the home screen, banners fail to load and doing anything besides scrolling causes a freeze, and of course, It fails to connect. I know my IP is correct as whenever I run run.bat, the WiFi light on the 3DS blinks.

The connection should work, I tried to ping the 3DS in CFW Server Mode (holding L while boot)
Microsoft Windows [Version 6.3.9600]
(c) 2013 Microsoft Corporation. Alle Rechte vorbehalten.

C:\WINDOWS\system32>ping 192.168.0.104

Ping wird ausgeführt für 192.168.0.104 mit 32 Bytes Daten:
Antwort von 192.168.0.104: Bytes=32 Zeit=5ms TTL=64
Antwort von 192.168.0.104: Bytes=32 Zeit=3ms TTL=64
Antwort von 192.168.0.104: Bytes=32 Zeit=4ms TTL=64
Antwort von 192.168.0.104: Bytes=32 Zeit=5ms TTL=64

Ping-Statistik für 192.168.0.104:
Pakete: Gesendet = 4, Empfangen = 4, Verloren = 0
(0% Verlust),
Ca. Zeitangaben in Millisek.:
Minimum = 3ms, Maximum = 5ms, Mittelwert = 4ms

C:\WINDOWS\system32>

But still, I get "ctrclient: failed to connect"

this is my run.bat
installcia 192.168.0.104 1 DevMenu_2x.cia

RetroVortex

Trophies
XP
Country
I can boot into the CFW, however, after ~10 seconds, whenever I scroll over icons in the home screen, banners fail to load and doing anything besides scrolling causes a freeze, and of course, It fails to connect. I know my IP is correct as whenever I run run.bat, the WiFi light on the 3DS blinks.

The connection should work, I tried to ping the 3DS in CFW Server Mode (holding L while boot)

But still, I get "ctrclient: failed to connect"

this is my run.bat

I got the same issue as this guy. Got the custom firmware up and running, but I can't seem to push any files to it.

ken28

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
is there a way to convert a save file? i dumped my pq savefile with the gw launcher but how do i convert it so it usable with the cia version. The save file manager from big blue box wont start, it wont find the sd card.

jarmster

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
By gateway loader do you mean their ROP exploit (enabled through the ropmultiloader), as opposed to the homebrew loader?

I'm trying on the homebrew loader and I'm not having any luck getting ctrclient to connect.

I'm running the gw_installer.nds from the blue card directory in the gw_omega_2.7 package.....It is a roploader...Im not using the ropmultiloader. Just load the file through your game cart. Then run the cfw exploit from your sd.

I had loaded the cfw soooooo many times but I couldn't install the devmenu. I was getting the cant connect error. All I did was remove my sd card and then format the sysnand to remove the update nag I was getting. I then recreated my profile and set up the internet settings again. I ran the cfw exploit and tried to install the devmenu and it worked first try.....This is my experience. I hope it helps you if your getting stuck....good luck. Follow the pg 11 tutorial..:)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :O:rofl2: +1