4.55 / 5.0 jailbreak / exploit?

Discussion in 'PS4 - Hacking & Homebrew' started by PotatisKnug, Dec 7, 2017.

1. DSpider

DSpider GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 14, 2015
    Romania
    Theoretically, everything. You could decrypt and sign any piece of software (that was made to run on the PS4, obviously) and it will run. Homebrew, emulators, backups, game fan translations, save game edits, cheats, you name it.

I'm just not sure if it's real.

If something sounds too good to be true... then it probably is.

2. kingbradley6000

kingbradley6000 Member

Newcomer
    Nov 24, 2017
    United States
    yea, this guy went from ps3 hacking to straight private ps4 keys, doubtful

3. _______

_______  

May 13, 2016
    Japan
    There's no need to guess, just try those key with his tool and see if they work.

4. Ronhero

Ronhero Too Weird to Live, Too Rare to Die

Jun 28, 2014
    United States
    Arizona Bay
    For the end user its basically a good indication that devs are hard at work

5. John2568

John2568 GBAtemp Regular

Jan 24, 2016
    United States
  6. tivu100

tivu100 GBAtemp Addict

Jun 6, 2015
    United States
    No.
    Does this mean we're moving toward having CFW in case everything progress smoothly for the developer?

7. Ronhero

Jun 28, 2014
    United States
    Arizona Bay
    According to my sources it will be used in conjunction with a ps exploit to allow unassigned pkg files and hopefully something similar to multiman. The idea of an actual cfw by definition alone is nearly impossible but most people will call it that when its actually just a patched system nand

Vorde, DayVeeBoi and tivu100 like this.
  8. random_human_being_

random_human_being_ GBAtemp Regular

Feb 17, 2016
    Italy
    Is that an hyperbole or is it impossible in principle to have any form of CFW on PS4?

9. Ryccardo

Ryccardo and his tropane alkaloids

Feb 13, 2015
    Italy
    Imola
    More like arguing on the definition of "CFW" and if an autobooting or not on the fly patcher counts, that said "Impossible" is a strong word since at least one company has a copy of the operating system signing keys with microscopic (but still higher than zero) probability of them being leaked or guessed

random_human_being_ likes this.
  10. Ronhero

Jun 28, 2014
    United States
    Arizona Bay
    What most people call a CFW will most likely happen but the true cfw would mean having a fully decrypted firmware running directly on ps4 hardware is not likely

tivu100 and random_human_being_ like this.
  11. random_human_being_

random_human_being_ GBAtemp Regular

Feb 17, 2016
    Italy
    Oh, I had just misunderstood your post then.

12. PotatisKnug
    This message by PotatisKnug has been removed from public view by porkiewpyne, Jan 22, 2018.
    Dec 20, 2017
  13. azoreseuropa

azoreseuropa GBAtemp Guru

Nov 6, 2002
    United States
    Azores/Portugal
    DONT! Do not believe anything.. Even in youtube for JAILBREAK PS4. Keep your eyes on GBATEMP for the news or Wololo news. :)

Vorde likes this.
  14. DSpider

Mar 14, 2015
    Romania
    I wonder if those private keys would enable 1.76 PS4's run the latest games. I mean, if you can decrypt them...

15. Ronhero

Jun 28, 2014
    United States
    Arizona Bay
    That may be plausible

16. V-Temp

V-Temp GBAtemp Maniac

Jul 20, 2017
    United States
    If the keys are what I think they are (having trouble finding the details on how forward-reaching they are), then... ya, you could easily decrypt any game and then build a loader on 1.76 to load into the decrypted files as, at that point, nothing is stopping a PS4 from playing PS4 games since the decryption was the only protection.

peteruk likes this.
  17. DSpider

Mar 14, 2015
    Romania
    They'll probably need to hex edit the firmware requirement after decrypting them, though, like on the PS3 with ODE devices. All PS3/PS4 games come with a firmware update on the disc. Most likely there's a file (called "PARAM.SFO" for PS3 games), that would need editing. But if that file is decrypted, I imagine it would be rather trivial, as long as the game doesn't need anything specific found in newer firmwares (like how 4.50 introduced "Boost Mode" on PS4 Pro where the full power is unlocked when connected to a 1080p screen instead of behaving like a regular PS4, or some other specific features found in newer firmware versions, like HDR support or whatever). Otherwise, the game would just crash.

"Legit" users are asked to update their console to AT LEAST the fw version on the disc, else the game won't even start, and there's a reason for that. It's because the SDK used to develop the game was tested on that firmware. Running it on a lower firmware is not something the game developers or Sony (especially Sony) want, since it can have unpredictable results. If a game passes Sony's QC check needed to ship the game on that fw, that fw becomes mandatory, and they bundle it on the same disc.

Ronhero likes this.
  18. Ronhero

Jun 28, 2014
    United States
    Arizona Bay
    Looks like Specter got the exploit to work and got back into userland. 4.05 users might see a stable release soon. I know i couldn't get back to userland without the kernel panicking so thats huge news.

Vorde likes this.
  19. Ronhero

Jun 28, 2014
    United States
    Arizona Bay
  20. ModderFokker619

ModderFokker619 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 2, 2015
    United States
    California
  21. Ronhero