Hacking 4.5 CFW question(s)

AmoDelQueso

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
So i finally caved and downgraded my 9.2 3DS to 4.2 (obviously backing up before), installed MT emunand, then rxTools, updated to 9.6, everything working fine so far.
I plan to install palantine's CFW since i can't find the one that was more stable i once saw posted here.
Chaldron's guide for doing this states:
Insert the SD back into the system and go into Settings —> Data Management —> Software. It’ll ask to reset your software management information, so allow it to do so.
However, I've read elsewhere that entering data management deletes my eshop purchases so that i can't download anything i've bought before (I've spent about $300 on digital titles).
Is this safe to do if i have a backup?

mid-kid

GBAtemp spamBOT
Trophies
XP
Country
So i finally caved and downgraded my 9.2 3DS to 4.2 (obviously backing up before), installed MT emunand, then rxTools, updated to 9.6, everything working fine so far.
I plan to install palantine's CFW since i can't find the one that was more stable i once saw posted here.
Chaldron's guide for doing this states:

However, I've read elsewhere that entering data management deletes my eshop purchases so that i can't download anything i've bought before (I've spent about $300 on digital titles).
Is this safe to do if i have a backup?

If your SD card does not contain any software (you're using a different card for CFW), then yes. This is safe.
Otherwise, you can skip that step, since the files that are generated by performing this step are already there.

double-B

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I have a similiar question (concerned about eshop content loss), so I won't open a new thread for this (hope that's ok).
So I plan on doing the following: Downgrade my 3DS to 4.5, install emunand 9.6 on the card that came with my 3DS. On that card I have an eshop game which will be deleted by installing 9.6 emunand. My question: Can I simply log into the eshop on that 9.6 emunand card afterwards and redownload my game? Or alternatively make a backup before and copy the game back afterwards? I don't see why I wouldn't be able to, but I thought I better ask, maybe I'm missing something.

double-B

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Alright, taking the redownload route then :lol:
Also if I install palantine's CFW on a seperate sd card, will that interfere with my games on my 9.6 emunand card? Or will I be able to switch the cards around, playing retail/eshop games on the 9.6 emunand card and homebrews on my CFW card without data loss?
Thanks for the answer ;)

StriderVM

Trophies
XP
Country
To make sure no issues happen, unlink your sysNAND to your emuNAND after you set up the second SD card.

DSoryu

GBA/NDS Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Just formatt the emuNAND before setting up the CFW, then nothing should gone wrong. Another way to avoid that is using another SD card for each emuNAND.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @SylverReZ, Indeed lol