Hacking 4.3 soft mod wii wants to system update??

lizzygav

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I just soft modded my wii using the modmii for windows today. I have a wii 4.3u. And when my son went to play his
pokemon pal park retail disc it said a wii system update was needed to play this game. So i got him to load the game through neogamma.
What would happen if it updated since the wii is already 4.3u. Do i have to load new retail games through neogamma from now on.
Also the priloader was installed.
Any info would be helpful.

Krestent

What to post?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You should load reatil games through Neogamma OR install Priiloader and enable the "Block Disc Updates" hack. The reason you are being asked to update is because the installed cIOS's version number is lower than the version of the stub on the disc.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Well...when you try to start a retail game, it does a check on your IOS. It pops up a warning that "an update is required" if you have one or more IOS'es that are outdated, but this is a lie (as you noticed, it plays fine under neogamma).

Among the checked IOS is the 249 slot. I don't recall the exact number of 'retail IOS 249', but it is higher than 21 (it also doesn't contain any code, so updating will just remove softmod possibilities).

Can you recheck priiloader, please? (hold reset while powering on the wii) There should be a hack called 'block disc updates'. If you enable this, discs shouldn't ask for updates anymore.

lizzygav

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks so much i reinstalled priloader. I did install it on my first time soft modding my wii and i didn't think to reinstall it. Works great!!
Thanks again
yaywii.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I think I watched a video where two games at 4K where eating just over 16GB of RAM and it's the...