4.2u can't install Trucha Bug Restorer

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by yourguide, Oct 6, 2009.

Oct 6, 2009
  1. yourguide
    OP

Newcomer yourguide Member

United States
    lo all,
    I have been reading and reading and reading some more... knowing that as a noob wii modder, most of the answers are already out there SOMEWHERE.
    But alas... I am not sure where to turn.
    Here is where I am...
    I keep my Wii up to date so of course installed the latest Nintendo updates... 4.2u
    I found this awesome forum and decided I wanted Homebrew and all it's glory, etc.
    I was able to get Homebrew installed using BannerBomb, then I used Hackmii to install Homebrew, DVDx and bootmii installed to BOOT2.

Everything seems to be working.. I was able to install some emulators... life is good.

I made a NAND backup onto my SD card for safe keeping.

Ok, now I want to be able to play backups....
    I can't get the Trucha Bug Restorer to work... tells me perhaps I need an upgraded downgrader ( [​IMG] )

Could someone point me in the right direction?

I have tried running WAD files, but I only get error -2011

I am thinking perhaps I have to wait for a newer Trucha Bug Restorer?? It won't let me downgrade to IOS15, or install IOS36 with Trucha patch.

Please forgive my ignorance... I am still wrapping my head around this whole scene.... just got started today.

2. FenrirWolf

Member FenrirWolf GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    TBR doesn't work on unmodified 4.2u. Use one of the 4.2 softmod guides around here for an alternative method.

3. zektor

Member zektor GBAtemp Maniac

United States
  4. BBking83

Member BBking83 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Australia
    Do you know about cIOSes?? Grab Waninkoko's cIOS rev14 here: http://www.teknoconsolas.tv/wanin/cIOS38_rev14-Installer.zip and run it from the HBC. SD:apps/(app name)/bool.dol and rename it to boot.dol.

When installing, choose IOS70 it should go through and install.

Now you can use this: http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Dop-IOS to trucha any IOS you want.

Be careful as signing IOS60 (or which ever your HBC ins install under) will turn the HBC upside down.

Let me know how you go!! [​IMG]

5. nknave

Member nknave GBAtemp Regular

Mexico
    Whoa!?!?, you're saying that you can install cIOS38 Rev14 using Nintendo's Original IOS70 without any other mods????

If so, you should be able to use this IOS in Wad Manager to uninstall IOS249 and than Install it using Waninkoko's installer.

This eliminates the need to use cBoot2.............. sounds imposible [​IMG]

6. BBking83

Australia
    No. Why would you want to do that if you already have installed it...

7. zektor

United States

Where are you getting this idea that you can just install a cIOS from the HBC in a virgin 4.2 system? If it were that simple life would be just dandy, now wouldn't it?

No, no no....

You must follow the guide I linked to get your virgin 4.2 system using loaders again (cboot2..etc etc)

8. zektor

United States

Nobody is listening because your information is incorrect! Do you actually think that we all (people who have been in the scene for some time now) would not realize it if we can just magically do it the way you are saying? Please stop spreading this rumor. OR, tell you what. Go ahead and update your system through Nintendo right now. When done, install the HBC and just TRY to install a cIOS.....come on now.

9. zektor

United States

Nobody is listening because your information is incorrect! Do you actually think that we all (people who have been in the scene for some time now) would not realize it if we can just magically do it the way you are saying? Please stop spreading this rumor. OR, tell you what. Go ahead and update your system through Nintendo right now. When done, install the HBC and just TRY to install a cIOS.....come on now.

10. BBking83

Australia
    I've done it.

Now, if we wait for this guy to get back to us, we'll see who is wrong...

11. zektor

United States

Really now? You just installed Nintendo's update, created a virgin 4.2 system, and just loaded the HBC and installed Waninkoko's cIOS? Wow...you must be one lucky dude.

Seriously folks, if you listen to this advice you are going to be upset that this is NOT the case. Waninkoko's installer requires a trucha'd IOS to install..which is where TBR came in...in v4.1. TBR no longer works in v4.2, and NO, Nintendo did not provide you with a trucha bugged IOS for your pleasure [​IMG]

12. yourguide
    OP

United States
    K.... thanks for the info guys.... didn't mean to start something here. [​IMG]

I suppose since I have the nand backup of my working system I should try the method BBking83 suggested and post my results??

13. zektor

United States

If you want. Just remember, when you do the official update, your bootmii in boot2 is erased. But, you can get it back when you reinstall the latest hackmii v0.5 using the new v2 of bannerbomb. From there you'll be able to get boot2 bootmii back in and restore.

It does NOT work the way he is saying. But, if you want to play along...go ahead.

EDIT: Wait, you are ALREADY on v4.2, right? Just go into the HBC and run Waninkoko's installer (even select IOS70 like he says). Come back to us with the results [​IMG] I already know what you are going to say [​IMG]

14. BBking83

Australia
    I would love you to. [​IMG]

But make sure your Bootmii does work before in case you are worried. It doesn't work with one of my SD cards.

Mind you, I did try other IOSes (250, 38) with failed attempts but the first time I tried IOS70, it worked flawlessly. And to double check, USB loader worked fine, too. [​IMG]

And zektor, why would I make it up? What would I gain out of it??

It is possible that it only works for 4.2E but seriously. Why would I make it up?

15. yourguide
    OP

United States
  16. zektor

United States

Hahaha....that is "No Trucha" error [​IMG]

Yeah, follow the guide as stated earlier.

@BBking83: What else should we try? Burn a game and stick it in a retail system? By your rationale, that should work too!

17. zektor

United States

I don't know why you would make it up. I also don't know why you would consider to challenge every person that does know what they are doing in the scene. Why would WE write guides if this were the case? Do you honestly think we didn't analyze certain things?

18. BBking83

Australia
    PM'd zektor and yourguide.

19. yourguide
    OP

United States
    Ok blazing through this guide... I am ready for the last step run MIOSpatcher.... but it says I will need a gamecube controller... I dont have one.... I guess I'll have to wait a day and go get one tomorrow?

20. zektor

United States

If you use Waninkoko's cMIOS rev3, you can install it without a GC controller. But it doesn't matter either way...you'll need the controller to play games anyway [​IMG]