Hacking 4.2 upgrade in error!

yoyo42

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok, I am having real problems here - nothing seems to make sense...

I have had a soft modded wii using USB launcher with no issues. The Missus wanted the BBC Iplayer channel so updated the shop channel and therefore upgraded to 4.2E

On the SD card I had a nand.bin file, and using bootmii tried to restore the nane but it came up as being corrupted. I still have this if there is a way I can restore, but of course this nand file isn't for firmware 4.2

So, I have tried to follow the "modify 4.2" instructions but there were a couple of issues...

HBC on fine, and Nand backup done successfully.
Downgrading to IOS15 was more than problematic, but I followed some instructions on page 257 of the sticky softmod guide and it MAY have worked. Is there a way I can tell?
I then went to run the WAD Manager - only one worked, I then got an error message for the others I tried.

Basically I have a feeling that the best thing to do is start again, but I am not sure I can!! Should/can I use the Update to 4.2 instructions?

...Need a little help here as seem to have messed everything up!!

Thanks in advance for your help!!

Cheers
yoyo

yoyo42

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey KiiWii

Well I thought I had done that, but troubles remain!

When you say treat it like a virgin, can I do the update to 4.2 even tho I am on 4.2? The modify 4.2 option simply isn't working for me so far as I can tell as I said in original post...

Cheers

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
if you update you will just overwrite everything.. sort of pontless but could possibly fix anything wrong with IOS/sysmenu.

If I were you I would make sure ur not skipping steps (removing stubs or trucha restoring) and ensure you follow the guide to the letter with all the files in the right place on the SD.

I have used it on many virgin 2.x, 3.x and 4.x wiis, broken wii's, wii's that ppl have muffed up trying to mod and freshly ninendo updated wii's.

It works.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FzVN9kIUNxw +1