OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I'm on firm 4.1.0 & these are the results of my tests

SX OS + LayeredFS = Freeze
Hekate + LayeredFS = Devmenu working ok (unable to install nsp because the signature bypass)

Both cases using SMO as donor

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

So, why don't you wait for next sx os update?, clearly it's something wrong with the os that could be fixed in next releases considering that layeredfs is working on 4.1 with hekate.

I should wait next sx os update, but I'm a bit impatient... By the way, eshop games doesn't require specific firmware version ?

poulp3

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
So maybe there are eshop games that needs 5.1 regardless devmenu, sxos, etc ? Then, waiting for sxos to do something for 4.1 switch isn't great.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So maybe there are eshop games that needs 5.1 regardless devmenu, sxos, etc ? Then, waiting for sxos to do something for 4.1 switch isn't great.
When using LayeredFS to play backups, compatibility is down to both of the game's save file size as well as software development kit or SDK. The way SX OS installs .NSPs is not using LayeredFS directly to install them; it uses DevMenu. And DevMenu can only be accessed through using LayeredFS for the time being. However, their version of LayeredFS only supports 5.1 for some unknown reason. And because no other CFW has the signature patching as SX OS V1.3 has, you must use their CFW to install and play .NSPs

So to recap: LayeredFS works firmwares 4.1 and above. DevMenu works on all of the same firmwares as LayeredFS. Installed .NSPs can be installed on all firmwares that can use DevMenu. Installed .NSPs can only be played through a CFW that supports signature patching which is SX OS V1.3. SX OS LayeredFS only supports 5.1.

Last edited by Draxzelex,
Reactions: mooglazer

poulp3

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
When using LayeredFS to play backups, compatibility is down to both of the game's save file size as well as software development kit or SDK. The way SX OS installs .NSPs is not using LayeredFS directly to install them; it uses DevMenu. And DevMenu can only be accessed through using LayeredFS for the time being. However, their version of LayeredFS only supports 5.1 for some unknown reason. And because no other CFW has the signature patching as SX OS V1.3 has, you must use their CFW to install and play .NSPs

So to recap: LayeredFS works firmwares 4.1 and above. DevMenu works on all of the same firmwares as LayeredFS. Installed .NSPs can be installed on all firmwares that can use DevMenu. Installed .NSPs can only be played through a CFW that supports signature patching which is SX OS V1.3. SX OS LayeredFS only supports 5.1.

wahou great ! thank you.

edit : Coudn't I install .NSPs with LayeredFS + atmosphere (without SX OS), and play them with SX OS ?

Last edited by poulp3,

l915205

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
LayeredFS on SX OS does not work on 4.x firmwares.

OPs options:
1. Wait for SX OS 1.4 and install NSPs with one click through their great backup loader.
2. Do factory reset, switch to OFW, update to 5.1, download Pokemon Quest and install NSPs through DevMenu. If he really could not live one week without Hollow Knight.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
edit : Coudn't I install .NSPs with LayeredFS + atmosphere (without SX OS), and play them with SX OS ?
This still does not work as the signature patches as evidenced by people trying this out for themselves. At the very least, TX has signature patching for the installation process of .NSP files.

Reactions: poulp3

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Good deal. I love Sun chips. I also love Rye chips, and had to order some from Amazon cause can't find in stores much anymore.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Fucking subways like that'll be $3
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Is funny how they replaced the $5 foot long sub, with a 1" wide $5 foot long cookie or cinna stick, cheap asses
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They still have but it's like $10 cookies honestly not a bad deal for $5
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Bidenomics
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    True, everything almost double nowadays
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    But I could go to Aldis and get a cookie pie for like $4
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or use your new cooking pan and make some, don't mind the Old leftover foods mixed in.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Just eat plain flour around cops
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    thats Gluten abuse, they would shoot you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Depends on the color chart
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Wheat flour has a lower chance at survival
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Isn't wheat flour the whitest of the white?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Rye would get shot at sight.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Depends
    img_5941-1.jpeg
    everyone mixing their flour now days
  • Veho @ Veho:
    That's whole wheat, right? Because all purpose flour is also made from wheat.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm not a flour expert I just snort it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    There also is black rice flour, and its really black colored
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Bruh that's gray.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's ancientboi color
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    You need to add some activated charcoal.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've seen some that are dark dark, my wifey uses it sometimes in her bs recipes
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/1Ic2tqw_AmM?si=JprHwElZWw_oO_ii