Hacking 4.0U cIOS questions

ecw

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My Wii was at 3.4U with HBC, Softchip, Gamma loader, etc by installing IOS16-64-v257-prod.wad. using wad manger 1.1. Then using wad manager 1.3 installed cIOS247-v5fix-ppc_gba.wad, DVDc_247-nw7.wad, BackupLauncher0.3g+249+NeoRame.wad, Softchip v76, Discdumper, cIOS249-v7 & cIOS248-V7.

I then did a normal system update to 4.0U through the system. Then ran a patched ios60 wad to get the SD working. All backups/Wiiware, SD moving works fine.

I don't know much about IOS's so please forgive if these are noob questions...

1. Did 4.0 update rewrite my cIOS249?-V7 or any other cIOS's?
2. What would happen if I reinstalled cIOS249-V7 or updated to rev8?
3. Since I did the "system" update (not Wanin's pre-installer), do I need to patch IOS61? I already patched IOS60.

Thanks!!

BlackEnigma

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can say that for me the update from ios249 rev7 to rev8 went smoothly. I was wondering the same thing just this morning. I updated to 4.0U through Nintendo's system update. I was scared, what if rev7 gets uninstalled but rev8 doesn't get installed (supposedly it's actually overwritten). After much deliberating as I do with these decisions, I pulled the trigger and was quite pleased on the other side. But of course you should use my experience as a little piece of evidence. We all know how these things can be. Everyone's experience is different.

ecw

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jargus said:
IOS61 is for the new shop channel. Yes you should patch it and IOS60. cIOS is unaffected.

Thanks, I already patched IOS60 with a wad. Is there a wad to patch IOS61? My Shop channel works fine (I don't use it anyway), should I still patch it?

QUOTE(BlackEnigma @ Mar 29 2009, 09:29 PM) I can say that for me the update from ios249 rev7 to rev8 went smoothly. I was wondering the same thing just this morning. I updated to 4.0U through Nintendo's system update. I was scared, what if rev7 gets uninstalled but rev8 doesn't get installed (supposedly it's actually overwritten). After much deliberating as I do with these decisions, I pulled the trigger and was quite pleased on the other side. But of course you should use my experience as a little piece of evidence. We all know how these things can be. Everyone's experience is different.

Man, I am so with you. I read so much before I do anything, it sometimes make me second guess myself. Trying to understand all this isn't easy. Did you install rev8 before you got on 4.0 or after? What makes rev8 better than rev7? Just DL support?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1