MalayZN

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
hi Everyone,
just new to this scene and wondering if i should stay on 4.0.5 or go to 4.5.5 with holy grail.
opinions appreciated.
thank you.

crimpshrine

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can anyone that was on 4.05 that has jumped to 4.55, comment on their success rate on the hen payload from powered off state? On 4.05 on two different PS4's I get around 90% success rate. Based on what I have read so far from all over, with 4.55 it is not clear to me if it has a higher success rate than 4.05. Don't want to update to then use a vector that is even less successful in exploiting the system.

So those of you on 4.55 currently, that were on 4.05, is it the same, better, or worse?

subcon959

@!#?@!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So those of you on 4.55 currently, that were on 4.05, is it the same, better, or worse?
It's not a simple comparison like that.

With 4.05 there is a high success rate but any failure usually results in having to do the long shutdown and reboot between attempts.

With 4.55 it is a lower success rate but failure hardly ever requires shutdown. You can just press circle to get an instant retry meaning it only takes a few seconds even with several failures.

D

Deleted User

4.55 works pretty nice to be honest. if you have a high firmware VR (a vr that was used on 5.0 upwards) you have to stay on 4.05 for the moment. the vr payload is not updated yet.
other than that -> go for the update.

for me it works almost every time - rarely it wont do.
i didnt try ps4 backups yet. (i m to lazy to dump them and wont download any as i m no pirate)

but i converted some of my ps2 games and they work flawless on 4.55

Reactions: GaaraPrime

rednekcowboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Depends what you want to do. If all you care about is basic HEN functionality then go ahead and update. For me, I'm staying on 4.05 because I enjoy modding games and such and those payloads haven't been ported yet.....

D

Deleted User

well not quite right. the GTA Mod is available. and afaik this is the base for all the other mods too

"gta-v-native-caller-and-menu-base-updated-to-ps4-4-55-by-2much4u"

rednekcowboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
well not quite right. the GTA Mod is available. and afaik this is the base for all the other mods too

"gta-v-native-caller-and-menu-base-updated-to-ps4-4-55-by-2much4u"

That is the only mod available and I like to make my own mods--ie have a bunch of threads on another forum with them all.

The only decent RTE tool at the moment is PS4 Cheater and it's not ported yet.

I could be wrong but I don't think any of the emulators are ported yet either.

Basically all you have on 4.55 is the ability to play backups and 1 gta tool....

crimpshrine

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's not a simple comparison like that.

With 4.05 there is a high success rate but any failure usually results in having to do the long shutdown and reboot between attempts.

With 4.55 it is a lower success rate but failure hardly ever requires shutdown. You can just press circle to get an instant retry meaning it only takes a few seconds even with several failures.

Thanks, that is a little more solid than most comments I have seen. I am going to still wait and see what others report since there is no going back.

Anyone else want to weigh in on your success rate at power on? I have read some posts that it can take 10 tries before it is successful. Anyone experience that with the current 4.55 payload/exploit?

Thanks

ceevee

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
4.55 because rest mode retains the exploit and payload. I don't really have to resend the exploit/payload anymore when I am done playing. And it makes it really convenient to go into rest mode immediately instead of having to get to another save point (game dependent), then turning off the PS4.

Reactions: KiiWii

subcon959

@!#?@!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
4.55 because rest mode retains the exploit and payload. I don't really have to resend the exploit/payload anymore when I am done playing. And it makes it really convenient to go into rest mode immediately instead of having to get to another save point (game dependent), then turning off the PS4.
But if you design your own exploit page then it becomes a pleasure to do it every time..

uR0Y0Ci.png

Reactions: KiiWii

Puppydogpals

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I went for the plunge. Good results all payloads I tried worked mostly 1st time. If not pressed x after memory error then it worked do far 3 attempts is the most it's taken me.

Have had no kpanic or shutdown hangs so far like I used to get on 4.05

Rest mode now works. Ps4 will come out of rest properly and exploit is still active.

No issues with updating database did refresh but lost nothing after update.

So far so good better IMO than 4.05

I'm using ps4 server 2 from an android phone

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Lol