4.0.2 jail break or downgrade

Discussion in 'iPhone, iPod & iPad' started by admotonic, Aug 14, 2010.

Aug 14, 2010

4.0.2 jail break or downgrade by admotonic at 1:54 AM (2,020 Views / 0 Likes) 9 replies

1. admotonic
    OP

Member admotonic GBAtemp Regular

New Zealand
    I acidently updated to 4.0.2 firmware. Is there any way to downgrade to an earlyier firmware of jailbreak this firmware. I have an Ipod touch 3G and I also did not install the SHSH files with cydia before I updated. Can anybody help?

2. raulpica

Supervisor raulpica With your drill, thrust to the sky!

Italy
    If you do not have the SHSH blobs saved, you're stuck at 4.0.2.

I'm relatively new to the iDevices scene, but as far as I know, it should be like that.

I guess you should just wait for a new exploit, comex has already promised one for 4.1.

If I'm wrong, feel free to correct me.

3. 431unknown

Member 431unknown Greatness Awaits

United States
    I think your right raulpica, I'm pretty sure he's SOL until the next jailbreak is released.

Forgot to mention I'm typing this on my jail broken iPad with Internet piggybacked off of my jailbroken iPhone 3GS.

4. ball2012003

ball2012003 Newbie

yeah your stuck
    your just going to have to wait until the next jailbreak

5. Dialexio

Member Dialexio GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    Ignore what everyone just said. Apple is still giving out the SHSHs for iOS 4.0 on iPod touch 3G, so you can still downgrade to 4.0 (and maintain the capability to downgrade to 4.0). They'll probably stop when iOS 4.1 is released.

Put your device into DFU Mode. Plug it into your computer, and turn it off. Press and hold the Sleep and Home buttons for ten seconds, then release the Sleep button (keep the Home button down). The iPod's screen should be off and your computer should recognize an "Apple Mobile Device (DFU Mode)."

Open up iTunes and Option-Click (Mac) or Shift-Click (Windows) to restore to iOS 4.0.

Don't forget to save your SHSHs so you can downgrade in the future (instructions available on the jailbreaking guide I'm maintaining *shameless plug*), and good luck!

6. admotonic
    OP

New Zealand
    Just tried this but got the same result as all my other attempts. "This software is not compatible". Thanks for your help though

7. Dialexio

United States
    It sounds like you actually have an "MC" model iPod touch 2G. If you're unsure of whether it's the second or third generation, try to use Apple's multitasking. If you can, you have an iPod touch 3G. If not, you have an iPod touch 2G.

If you have an iPod touch 2G, you could try the same instructions I gave you but with this firmware instead.

8. admotonic
    OP

New Zealand
    Just tried the 2G firmware and it worked perfectly. Thanks you so much for your help

9. Dialexio

United States
    No problem. [​IMG] Once you jailbreak, don't forget to install "PDF Patch!"

10. raulpica

Supervisor raulpica With your drill, thrust to the sky!

Italy
    Oh, yeah, didn't notice it was an iPod Touch! [​IMG]

Sorry for the inconvenience [​IMG]