Hacking 3in1 save problem ruby/fire red

gyb

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I try to play ruby or fire red on my 3in1, it says that there's a problem with the battery.

Ive searched alot for this problem, but cant find a solution for the 3in1. There is a solution for the VBA, which is turning the save file to 128kb. Does anyone happen to have a solution for this problem with the 3in1 card?

Mbmax

Homebrew addicted
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Those GBA pokemon games have a Real Time Clock inside their original cartridges which the ez 3in1 doesn't have.
But also they have a battery inside that has a life time. When it's dry, the clock is reseted and you have the same error than on the ez 3in1 but you can play normally the game without events based on the clock (special pokemon at certain time of the day).
So this error is a normal error for a flashcart that does not have RTC feature but this doesn't prevent you to play the game.
Is it the case ?

gyb

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ccosmos said:
Those GBA pokemon games have a Real Time Clock inside their original cartridges which the ez 3in1 doesn't have.
But also they have a battery inside that has a life time. When it's dry, the clock is reseted and you have the same error than on the ez 3in1 but you can play normally the game without events based on the clock (special pokemon at certain time of the day).
So this error is a normal error for a flashcart that does not have RTC feature but this doesn't prevent you to play the game.
Is it the case ?

Yes, I can play these games, but im unable to save them. So they are kind off unplayable.

Mbmax

Homebrew addicted
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Ok.
So the battery error concerning RTC is not an error about the ez 3in1 battery but about the RTC mode that isn't available in the ez 3in1.

Now if you have a save problem, you have 2 possibilities :
1- the game is not corretly patched (save)
2- the ez 3in1 battery is dry

What is your slot-1 flashcart ?

gyb

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have an r4 for my slot1. I think it doesnt support the pokemon games, because of the RTC or something.
Dont think the battery of my 3in1 is dry, because its pretty new and all the other games work perfect(exept for the legacy of goku games, but thats just a rom problem).

Im just hoping someone has an solution for this.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-