OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
mellycrossing.tumblr.com
XP
Country
Canada
Hi all, I'm posting on behalf of my boyfriend. I got him an EZ Flazh 3 in 1 to go with his R4 for Christmas and just sent him over Rudolph's GBA Exploader 0.57 and he's getting the "device not found" message. I also had him try Rudolph's old 3in1 tool and GBAldr and they're all giving him errors. He's barely used the device and we're all out of ideas. Just wondering if anyone had any other suggestions to try before we give up.
smile.gif

Melly

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
mellycrossing.tumblr.com
XP
Country
Canada
Thank you, I'll pass that on.

We're willing to try pretty much anything since it's pretty new and has hardly been used. Better to try anything and everything before throwing it in the garbage!

Melly

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
mellycrossing.tumblr.com
XP
Country
Canada
He tried cleaning it, blowing in both the 3in1 and DS, taking it out and reinserting it numerous times and no luck. My guess is that it's a dead battery, although I bought the thing in Dec. Maybe it was old stock, who knows.

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I don't think a dead battery would cause this. It should just cause the SRAM to lose the save data once the power is turned off. The only other thing I can think of to try is to open it up and reseat the PCB in the shell. It might have gone out of position somehow.

If possible, try a different cart in the DS and see if that works. The problem could be with the cart slot rather than the 3-in-1.

Kupoppo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Howdy... I'm the one Melly was posting on behalf of. We figured it'd probably be easier to just have me register rather than making her relay back and forth.

The slot seems to be working perfectly. I tried another GBA game and it came up instantly, first try, no problems.

Also, after taking it out and putting it back in maybe somewhere in an upwards of 50ish times, I can get GBALDR to recognize the device. When I attempt to actually execute anything in it, however, it hangs on the GBA screen.

I'm not too advanced when it comes to hardware, so I would have no idea what the PCB is or how to reseat it... could that be a likely source of the problem, or is it maybe something else?

Thanks for all the good info so far
smile.gif

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
PCB stands for Printed Circuit Board; it's the plastic plate with all the stuff soldered onto it. To reseat it you just open the 3-in-1 (you'll need a screwdriver, but it isn't difficult), take the PCB out of the shell, put it back in and close the 3-in-1 back up. If the PCB was somehow in the wrong position in the shell, that could cause it to not be detected, and this could potentially fix it. It's not very likely that this is actually the problem, but I can't think of much else to try.

The only other thing I can think of is to open the 3-in-1 and put a strip of paper behind the contacts so that they are forced slightly closer to the contacts in the DS. This might help if the issue is that the 3-in-1 isn't making a good electrical connection with the DS. Be careful when doing this though, if you put too much paper in there it could move the PCB too far and bend or damage the contacts in the DS. It shouldn't cause any harm if you only use a single or double thickness of standard printing or notebook paper.

Melly

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
mellycrossing.tumblr.com
XP
Country
Canada
Hey there, just an update... I took his 3in1 and opened it up to inspect all the parts and try to realign it. Some of the parts almost looked a little melted... I don't know if he left it in the heat or what. I took the board out and put it back in and closed it up, and ta-da! It works again. At least for now.
smile.gif

Thanks for all your help, Destructo!

loopguy

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
@Destructobot
had the same problem, placing a strip of paper behind the contacts worked just fine!

thx very much
yaynds.gif

Raikiri

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
a quick question, sorry i'm double posting in this topic but its pretty big to read all through
tongue.gif
i bought an EZflash 3in1 a while back along with a new M3 DS real, installed Gbaxploder on it and GBA works fine, but for some reason the rumble/ram mode arent supported and the only screens i can flip between are NOR and PSRam Mode, i've tried different versions but still no avail, its probably something easy i'm overlooking but if anyone knows the solution i'll be grateful =)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @SylverReZ, Indeed lol