3in1 not detected

Discussion in 'EZ-Flash' started by YeOldeGamer, Feb 4, 2010.

Feb 4, 2010

3in1 not detected by YeOldeGamer at 8:24 PM (1,008 Views / 0 Likes) 6 replies

1. YeOldeGamer
    OP

Newcomer YeOldeGamer Member

United States
    Hello all, I just got my 3in1 today and am trying to get it working. I have tried to use it with my CycloDS (v1.56) and my Acekard 2i (AKAIO 1.51) . Neither card detects the 3in1 being in slot2. I read around the forum and have checked the voltage on the battery (3.2volts) and have cleaned my contacts. I popped in a GBA game just to make sure slot 2 still worked and it does. Anyone have any ideas or is it just defective. Thanks for your help in advance.

2. how_do_i_do_that

Member how_do_i_do_that Blue Wizard is about to die.

Antarctica
    Pick one:

1. you were sold a bricked 3in1.
    2. it is defective.
    3. your DS slot2 is defective.
    4. all of the above.

Whatever the case it is, email who you bought it from and get it exchanged for a replacement, make sure to tell them not to resell it, otherwise your just passing the problem onto the next person.

3. Gariscus

Member Gariscus Former Team Cyclops Mod

Australia
    On your CycloDS are you trying to "Boot from Slot 2" in "Settings / Misc"? If you are that will not work. The EZ Flash 3in1 does NOT have it's own gui. To run GBA games you'll have to select them in the CycloDS browser and press A(exactly the way you would run NDS games). You should be able to launch GBA games on your Acekard in exactly the same way.

That "Boot from Slot 2" function is only meant for when you have flashed a GBA game to your 3in1's NOR.

4. YeOldeGamer
    OP

United States
    I appreciate yalls quick response. I put the GBAexploder on the Acekard and ran it for S&Gs. It did not work the 1st 2 times, but the 3rd time it worked fine. It is now working fine. I was able to backup a couple of games with the backup tool, so it is golden. I still do not know why it started working, but it is. Thanks again for trying to help!

5. Gariscus

Member Gariscus Former Team Cyclops Mod

Australia
    Did you even read my post?! I said you can run GBA roms the exact same way you run NDS roms. There should be no need for GBA ExpLoader unless you have trouble flashing to NOR(in which case you'd use this version of GBA ExpLoader).

6. cracker

Member cracker Nyah!

United States
    Sometimes there are contact issues with carts so it isn't that unusual that it would act weird and then all of a sudden work. Just keep it in place if it is working for you!

7. YeOldeGamer
    OP

United States

I read your post , and I could not run GBA games. With the 3in1 in I still could not view/run GBA games in the directory with either a2i or CycloDs. That is when I tried the GBexploder(just to see if it would communicate with the 3in1). For some reason things started working after that. It now works with both flashcards. Thanks again.