Kylecito

eats warnings for breakfast
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Sup everyone.

I've been trying unsuccessfully to convert my Pokemon X game to online-enabled and keep the save... I am using the header from my original Pokemon X cartridge, and after extracting the save with SAVETOOL, changing the header and injecting the save again as 3dz, the game throws a "corrupted savefile" error...

I'm sure it's something about the .3dz format, because the very same file that doesn't work magically starts working again if I just change the file format back without any other changes.

Does anyone perhaps know why this happens and if there is any quick way to modify the save to make it work?

MelonGx

Trophies
XP
Country
China
MT 2.1 Launcher has provided this.
But it has the following 4 restrictions:
1) Card1 Save Type
2) 2.2.0-4 save encryption
3) Save file should be 512KB, larger or smaller is NG
4) Save file & the ROM with the correct header should be put into MT-Card's MicroSD

Since Pokemon X is Card2 & having 6.0.0-13 encryption, it's unable to be converted by MT 2.1 Launcher.

TwilightWarrior

GBATEMP'S Official Boss
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Because the saves are header specific, changing the header means that your save will no longer be usable.
And there's no way around it currently.

Hi, I was wondering if you could help me out. So I recently got emunand to work and was wondering how to play games like mario kart 7 (rom) online? I remember a whileback, there was something about 3dz files and headers but I ignored it because I didn't really care about playing online but now I'm interested. So can you please explain how to play the roms online. Thanks so much.

Wizardy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
You can do that with the SaveDataFiler SDK Tool. Load the .3DS, export the savegame with SaveDataFiler, load the .3DZ and import the savegame. I've done it with Animal Crossing saves and works great :)

Reactions: MarkDarkness

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Thanks man, means alot since this is your second post in 8 years :). But what about the header stuff?
save data filer should manage that too, as he said, export the save from the .3ds file, and then load up the .3dz rom and import the save....it should be made correctly to be used with your .3dz file

TwilightWarrior

GBATEMP'S Official Boss
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
save data filer should manage that too, as he said, export the save from the .3ds file, and then load up the .3dz rom and import the save....it should be made correctly to be used with your .3dz file

ok, thanks, and I'm assuming you get the save from the sd card but how do you tell which one it is?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.