3dz to 3ds save?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Kylecito, Nov 6, 2014.

1. Kylecito
    OP

Kylecito eats warnings for breakfast

May 6, 2009
    Cote d'Ivoire
    Sup everyone.

I've been trying unsuccessfully to convert my Pokemon X game to online-enabled and keep the save... I am using the header from my original Pokemon X cartridge, and after extracting the save with SAVETOOL, changing the header and injecting the save again as 3dz, the game throws a "corrupted savefile" error...

I'm sure it's something about the .3dz format, because the very same file that doesn't work magically starts working again if I just change the file format back without any other changes.

Does anyone perhaps know why this happens and if there is any quick way to modify the save to make it work?

2. ScarletCrystals

ScarletCrystals Useless Bunny of Paradise

Apr 9, 2010
    Canada
    Bamboo Forest, Gensokyo
    Because the saves are header specific, changing the header means that your save will no longer be usable.
    And there's no way around it currently.

3. MelonGx

MelonGx GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Jan 8, 2009
    China
    MT 2.1 Launcher has provided this.
    But it has the following 4 restrictions:
    1) Card1 Save Type
    2) 2.2.0-4 save encryption
    3) Save file should be 512KB, larger or smaller is NG
    4) Save file & the ROM with the correct header should be put into MT-Card's MicroSD

Since Pokemon X is Card2 & having 6.0.0-13 encryption, it's unable to be converted by MT 2.1 Launcher.

4. TwilightWarrior

TwilightWarrior GBATEMP'S Official Boss

Jun 3, 2013
    Canada
    In front of my 3DS

Hi, I was wondering if you could help me out. So I recently got emunand to work and was wondering how to play games like mario kart 7 (rom) online? I remember a whileback, there was something about 3dz files and headers but I ignored it because I didn't really care about playing online but now I'm interested. So can you please explain how to play the roms online. Thanks so much.

5. Wizardy

Wizardy Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 22, 2006
    You can do that with the SaveDataFiler SDK Tool. Load the .3DS, export the savegame with SaveDataFiler, load the .3DZ and import the savegame. I've done it with Animal Crossing saves and works great :)

MarkDarkness likes this.
  6. TwilightWarrior

Jun 3, 2013
    Canada
    In front of my 3DS

Thanks man, means alot since this is your second post in 8 years :). But what about the header stuff?

7. gamesquest1

gamesquest1 Nabnut

GBAtemp Patron
    gamesquest1 is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Sep 23, 2013
    save data filer should manage that too, as he said, export the save from the .3ds file, and then load up the .3dz rom and import the save....it should be made correctly to be used with your .3dz file

8. JCR1

JCR1 GBAtemp Regular

Jun 25, 2011
    Mexico
    SaveDataFiler SDK Tool is for use in the the pc?

9. TwilightWarrior

Jun 3, 2013
    Canada
    In front of my 3DS

ok, thanks, and I'm assuming you get the save from the sd card but how do you tell which one it is?