Country
Senegal

Pleng

Custom Title
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
When you play DS game on 3DS, can you use web browser on 3DS? I know that 3DS game can, but not sure about DS.

No. When you press the HOME button when playing a DS game you are prompted to close the program and return to the home menu, or return to the game.

What about DSiware transfered from DSi?
As long as its not 3DS software, this applies.

Are you sure? I'm pretty sure I was able to suspend Link's Awakening, which was DSiWare

Jax

Pip Pip Cheerioink!
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
When you play DS game on 3DS, can you use web browser on 3DS? I know that 3DS game can, but not sure about DS.

No. When you press the HOME button when playing a DS game you are prompted to close the program and return to the home menu, or return to the game.

Are you sure? I'm pretty sure I was able to suspend Link's Awakening, which was DSiWare

Link's Awakening is Virtual Console AKA 3DS software

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal

The game needs to be designed for the 3DS in order to have this... 3DS feature.

As of now, all the present games I've played (be it virtual console or DSiWare: like Mario VS Donkey Kong) will not suspend. 3D classics is one exception.

Zarxrax

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Ah, if they have improved the dpad then that may just seal the deal for me :)

May I ask you this, what do you think on the D-pad on the Ps Vita? :unsure:

I loved the D-pad on the 3DS-mini!
No idea, I've never touched a Vita. According to previous post here though, it sounds like the quality of the 3ds dpad may vary from unit to unit. So maybe I just got a particularly crappy one. On my 3ds, it just feels really really stiff.

Arnold Schwarzen

Trophies
Website
gov.ca.gov
XP
Country
United States
Is the 3D effect as intense on the original models? Do the images separate the same distance (left/right)? I heard someone saying it looks less intense on XL but maybe that he got used to the 3D. I hope the intensity is still the same, well the image having the same level of depth to be exact. The answer to this will seal the deal on whether or not I buy an XL.

Langin

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Ah, if they have improved the dpad then that may just seal the deal for me :)

May I ask you this, what do you think on the D-pad on the Ps Vita? :unsure:

I loved the D-pad on the 3DS-mini!
No idea, I've never touched a Vita. According to previous post here though, it sounds like the quality of the 3ds dpad may vary from unit to unit. So maybe I just got a particularly crappy one. On my 3ds, it just feels really really stiff.

Ah! Mine was perfect, I could play DOAD and SFIV perfect with it. It only made some sounds sometimes.(No clicks but erm well you know like a door does when it's not oiled.)

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Here's a picture of an OFFICIAL transparent 3DS if you're interested:

http://www.siliconera.com/2012/07/19/the-nuts-and-bolts-of-a-nintendo-3ds-xl/

That thing is really packed.

Miyatake from the design group explained why the top screen is surrounded by a black frame. This color was chosen because it emphasizes the stereoscopic 3D effect, but with a screen as large as the 3DS XL’s you don’t need to have a black frame anymore. Fujita also said the sound quality of the 3DS XL is a bit different since the 3DS had small speakers those had to be optimized using software.

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Here's a picture of an OFFICIAL transparent 3DS if you're interested:

http://www.siliconer...intendo-3ds-xl/

That thing is really packed.

Miyatake from the design group explained why the top screen is surrounded by a black frame. This color was chosen because it emphasizes the stereoscopic 3D effect, but with a screen as large as the 3DS XL's you don't need to have a black frame anymore. Fujita also said the sound quality of the 3DS XL is a bit different since the 3DS had small speakers those had to be optimized using software.

They should release that :). They never release transparent consoles any more :(.

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
3DS XL has an additional anti-glare layer,

http://m.computerandvideogames.com/359185/nintendo-flaunts-3ds-xls-new-anti-glare-upgrade/

I actually wanted to make this news, but meh. Better to consolidate.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: