Me > You
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
oh my.

shit just got real.

this is very useful for devs.

Codebase for Nintendo 3DS modded-FIRM("CFW"), for both Old3DS/New3DS. This also includes ctrserver, which is a network server which runs on the 3DS. This codebase originally started at roughly December 2012 - January 2013.

You must build this yourself. This codebase is only intended for those that can build this codebase themselves. Built binaries will+should not be released(hence the below build options).

Kind of like other "CFW", use at your own risk if you do anything (semi-)dangerous on physnand without nandredir & without a way to restore a nandimage.

https://github.com/yellows8/3dshax

Last edited by Flame,

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I will test this and do prep work for my sticky.
Let me just update and say testing will be hindered something greatly because this is actually over my head and I need to research it.

Vappy

Trophies
XP
Country
Let me just update and say testing will be hindered something greatly because this is actually over my head and I need to research it.
Over 50 Makefile params and the very strong recommendation that you not use distributed binaries, seems pretty safe to say this won't be supplanting Luma as the go-to for the average user :P
Cool to see though, never thought he'd actually release it, the absolute madman.

Reactions: Quantumcat

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Over 50 Makefile params and the very strong recommendation that you not use distributed binaries, seems pretty safe to say this won't be supplanting Luma as the go-to for the average user :P
Cool to see though, never thought he'd actually release it, the absolute madman.
I am not an average user and have a long history in the CFW scene. So it's not impossible for me to figure this out, but I still have my limits

Reactions: Gray_Jack

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
They way to approach this is to comb over the code for the cool stuff and integrate them into Luma. Hope Tux and Aurora feel this way.

Reactions: laramie

Cuphat

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sighax
TODO: Add actual instructions for this. Signature not included of course.

NOTE: Prior to broken attempts at using the 3dsbootldr repos mentioned in the arm9loaderhax section, from the beginning they(and others) were originally used with sighax.

Public arm9loaderhax
This is currently not usable due to crashes with 3dsbootldr_fatfs. 3dshax was never used with any form of arm9loaderhax until some attempts in Jan-2017(with the previously mentioned issues).

• Setup 3dsbootldr_fatfs, where the output binary is used as your "arm9loaderhax.bin" or equivalent, on SD. "ALTARM11BOOT=1" must be used when building this. Do not use ENABLE_RETURNFROMCRT0.
  • Setup 3dsbootldr_firm. At offset 0x0 in 3dsbootldr_firm.bin, insert(not overwrite) raw bytes "00 80 0E 08" then write it to SD "/load9.bin". Likewise for 3dsbootldr_firm_arm11.bin, except use raw bytes "00 E7 FF 1F" then write to SD "/load11.bin". The binaries on SD must be run with the build_hashedbin.sh script from 3dsbootldr_fatfs, unless you used "DISABLE_BINVERIFY=1" for 3dsbootldr_fatfs. Do not use the rawdevice/NAND build options.
After building 3dshax with OUTPATH={sd root}, you must run the build_hashedbin.sh script from 3dsbootldr_firm with 3dshax_arm9.bin on SD, unless you built 3dsbootldr_firm with "DISABLE_BINVERIFY=1".

NOTE: If you use this with DISABLENANDREDIR=1, you MUST avoid triggering any FIRM-partition-installation(downloadplay, sysupdate, ...). A brick will occur otherwise. While there's some disabled code for some form of FIRM-protection, it was never really finished.

Dang.

Vappy

Trophies
XP
Country
They way to approach this is to comb over the code for the cool stuff and integrate them into Luma. Hope Tux and Aurora feel this way.
Luma with ctrserver integration would be neat. Probably a large amount of work to make it happen though. 3dshax also doesn't have a license attached as far as I can see, should probably ask yls8 about that.

Last edited by Vappy,
Reactions: zoogie

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2, Ah shit, here we go again. I ain't represented Grove Street in five years, but the...