Hardware 3DS XL Mod Plan

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
I am trying to buy the charger as I really need one (I don't trust the cheap one I bought and all I have is a USB cable), the cradle however is £13.00 and I find that hard to justify. I watched a video on YouTube and the dude on it said that it was a fun gimmick and not much more.

The project is okay, I just need the screwdriver set and preferably more teardown instructions. Stencils I'll worry about later.

i haven't seen a youtbe video of it, i will have to check it out, i like the 3ds dock that is why i want one for my 3ds xl when i get one, i am not sure if i want to get it or not, i am glad your project is getting along ok.

HalMotley

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I am trying to buy the charger as I really need one (I don't trust the cheap one I bought and all I have is a USB cable), the cradle however is £13.00 and I find that hard to justify. I watched a video on YouTube and the dude on it said that it was a fun gimmick and not much more.

The project is okay, I just need the screwdriver set and preferably more teardown instructions. Stencils I'll worry about later.

i haven't seen a youtbe video of it, i will have to check it out, i like the 3ds dock that is why i want one for my 3ds xl when i get one, i am not sure if i want to get it or not, i am glad your project is getting along ok.

It was a standard 3DS cradle, video is here. I doubt Nintendo would have done a super, super redesign on it.

I mean it appears to be a huge chunk of plastic for £13.00!

I bought it anyway so I'll see it a few days after the 24th August when Amazon starts shipping the damn things.

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
It was a standard 3DS cradle, video is here. I doubt Nintendo would have done a super, super redesign on it.

I bought it anyway so I'll see it a few days after the 24th August when Amazon starts shipping the damn things.

oh, i am talking about the xl cradle, not the normal one.

HalMotley

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

Like I mentioned though, I doubt the 3DS XL cradle is really THAT different the 3DS one aside from size.

I ordered it so it should arrive sometime next week, then I will show you what it looks like for clarification! XD

bowser

Mwa ha ha ha!
Trophies
XP
Country
India

Like I mentioned though, I doubt the 3DS XL cradle is really THAT different the 3DS one aside from size.

I ordered it so it should arrive sometime next week, then I will show you what it looks like for clarification! XD
The opening for the headphone jack is moved to the front left corner (duh! :) ) and the flap on the back covering the game card slot is gone. Now it's just an open slot.

HalMotley

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

The opening for the headphone jack is moved to the front left corner (duh! :) ) and the flap on the back covering the game card slot is gone. Now it's just an open slot.

It's still a hunk of plastic though?

bowser

Mwa ha ha ha!
Trophies
XP
Country
India

It's still a hunk of plastic though?
That it is :)

HalMotley

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I am back and I attempted to mod it, but it didn't turn out so well as I am struggling to put it back together again.

Here are the pictures.

Note: It isn't part of my original album because Facebook won't let me. Damn Facebook!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @BakerMan needs more expand dong