3ds xl emunand using dstwo help

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by boxer29, Sep 17, 2014.

1. boxer29
    OP

boxer29 Member

Newcomer
    Jun 5, 2014
    Got 3ds xl on 4.5 have ordered gateway cart will be delivered in 2 weeks.
    Have got a dsi xl with which I use a dstwo cart.
    Can I use the dstwo to update emunand or should I wait for the gateway
    Are there any tutorials for this.
    What other things I need to read which will be important for gateway cart.
    Thanks

2. Abcdfv

Abcdfv What comes around goes around.

Dec 24, 2013
    United States
    You should wait for the gateway. The latest emunand version won't boot without it.

3. boxer29
    OP

boxer29 Member

Newcomer
    Jun 5, 2014
    Any tutorial or reading material you recommend till my gw3ds comes

4. GorTesK

GorTesK Mad Hatter

Jan 29, 2013
    Gambia, The
    Down The Rabbit Hole
    the gateway manual
    for questions not handled by that, the stickies, especially the noob questions sticky, if you don`t understand certain parts
    here just a few things you should keep in mind, when you install everything
    - backup your sd card data, because creating the emunand partition involves formating your sd card, your sd card will be 1 gb smaller afterwards, that 1 gb is the emunand partition, after the format you can copy your backed up data back to the visible partition, the emunand partition will be hidden (still accessable and formatable via partition format tools)
    - create a backup of your (emu)NAND before and after you update it and store it on your computer, there is a tool called emunand_tool, which can extract and inject emunands, so if a new firmware gets released and you update the emunand and gateway doesn`t support it yet, you can inject the backup, also if you ever accidentally update your sysNAND, you can use a hardware mod to flash back the 4.x NAND to it
    edit: oh and also this
    - when you update emunand, you go to system settings, check if it say "GW3D 4.x " if it doesnt, you are not on emunand, don`t update, if it does say that, don`t exit emunand as that will reverse you back to sysnand, when you see the "GW3D 4.x" go straight to the update option inside the settings and update from there, don`t exit settings, don`t check other settings, just go straight there after you confirmed, that you are on "GW3D 4.x"

Abcdfv likes this.