3DS XL ejecting cart problem?

Discussion in '3DS - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by Harsky, Oct 4, 2013.

1. Harsky
    OP

Harsky Madmin

Aug 2, 2004
    I was playing a game on my 3DS XL when all of a sudden the cart decides to eject from the slot. I only bought this 6 months ago and this is the first time it's happened. Normally I wouldn't worry about this but the thought of the cart ejecting while in the middle of saving makes me wonder if this is something I should look into now rather than later.

2. ImNotSkilled

ImNotSkilled The Pokéman

Jun 16, 2012
    United States
    Behind you
    That's extremely odd, you should try contacting Nintendo repair services, or if your warranty is still valid, take it to the store you purchased from.

3. Harsky
    OP

Harsky Madmin

Aug 2, 2004
    Bought from Amazon and it's the Fire Emblem edition so the chances of getting the same model is kinda slim. Also, I've got some digital purchases which I absolutely do not want to lose.

4. ImNotSkilled

ImNotSkilled The Pokéman

Jun 16, 2012
    United States
    Behind you
    Well, crap.

If you have extra cash, you could buy a new XL then do a system transfer and then sell the current XL.

5. jax604

jax604 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jul 23, 2012
    Canada
    The CIty
    This happened to me before, but it haven't occur again since then though. I wouldn't worry too much about it...You can try inserting and removing a game cart a few times to test and see if lock is working properly.

6. Harsky
    OP

Harsky Madmin

Aug 2, 2004
    Well, I'll wait until it does it again but it's probably a one off. Think I'll make Pokemon X or Y a digital purchase just in case it happens again.

7. driverdis

driverdis I am Justice

Sep 21, 2011
    United States
    1.048596β
    actually, I would stay sway from any Digital purchases if you may need to replace your console if the slot gets any worse.

if it gets really bad, you can keep your console essentially if you transfer everything to a new XL, take the motherboard out, then swap it with the board in the Fire Emblem console.

8. Harsky
    OP

Harsky Madmin

Aug 2, 2004
    Actually, that's something I want to know. Does any one know if sending a 3DS to get repaired means an actual repair or if they just send you a refurbished 3DS with the digital library intact?

9. TyBlood13

TyBlood13 Weeaboo Trash

Jul 1, 2012
    United States
    Kentucky
    They have done actual repairs with my systems in the past. (I know this because of scuffs on my 3DS)
    They are very careful with the special editions too (I have a Zelda 3DS), and your digital stuff will be fine.

10. drfsupercenter

drfsupercenter Flash Cart Aficionado

Mar 26, 2008
    United States
    I sent them my Pikachu XL which had a broken screen and they called saying they couldn't fix it. With how annoying the 3DS is to disassemble, it's much cheaper for them to just send you a replacement than it is for them to open yours up. 9 times out of 10 you'll just get a replacement, generic color, with your digital library transferred.